Conor Lemirande Joins the Lumberjacks
MUSKEGON, Michigan (December 28th) - The Muskegon Lumberjacks have announced that Janesville Jets Forward Conor Lemirande will join the team beginning tonight on the road against the Dubuque Fighting Saints.
The Janesville, Wisconsin native was acquired via a loan from the Janesville Jets out of the North American Hockey League (NAHL), where he serves as the team's captain and currently has 11 points (six goals and five assists) to go along with a plus-four rating in 29 games played. This season is Lemirande's second with the Janesville organization after tallying 11 points (six goals and five assists) to go along with a plus-three rating in 56 games played last season.
"We appreciate the efforts of Head Coach Joe Dibble and the rest of the Janesville Jets organization for allowing Conor (Lemirande) to come to our organization along with their commitment to helping their players reach the maximum potential," said Lumberjacks Owner, General Manager, and CEO Josh Mervis. "This is an exciting time for Conor (Lemirande) to show off his talents in front of a USHL audience. This is a great example of how collaborative commitment to the athlete is supposed to be between leagues."
Prior to playing for Janesville, Lemirande spent two seasons with the Madison Capitols organization. In the 2010-11 season, Lemirande played for the Madison Capitols Under-18 Midget Major Team out of the Tier I Midwest Elite Hockey League (MWEHL) totaling 13 points (two goals and eleven assists) in 31 games played. Prior to that season in 2009-10, Lemirande played for the Madison Capitols Under-16 Midget Minor Team tallying six points (three goals and three assists) in 35 games.
Muskegon will be on the road for the next five games beginning tonight against the Dubuque Fighting Saints at 8:35 pm. The Lumberjacks will then wrap up the 2012 calendar year with a pair of games in Green Bay against the Gamblers tomorrow and Monday on New Year's Eve at 8:05 pm and 7:05 pm, respectively. Tickets are on sale for the low price of $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 3-12 for the next home game on Sunday, January 6th at 5:15 pm against the Des Moines Buccaneers. Fans can also purchase tickets online at www.muskegonlumberjacks.com or by calling (231) 724-JACK (5225).
The Muskegon Lumberjacks are proud members of the United States Hockey League, the nation's only Tier I junior hockey league and the leading producer of NCAA players and National Hockey League draft picks in the United States. The Lumberjacks' organization prides itself on developing not just premier hockey talent, but also exceptional young men outside the arena of sports. For more information, visit www.muskegonlumberjacks.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2012
- Stampede Earn Big Win on the Road in Fargo - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Fighting Saints Down Muskegon Friday, 6-3 - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lincoln Downs Tri-City with Late Overtime Goal - Tri-City Storm
- Lumberjacks Start Slow, Fall to Dubuque on the Road 6-3 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Sioux City Slows Hawks - Waterloo Black Hawks
- U.S. National Under-17 Team Downs Canada Pacific, 6-2, at 2013 World U17 Challenge - U.S. National Team
- Storm Sign Tory Dello to Tender - Tri-City Storm
- Stampede Return Home Sunday at 5:05 pm to Face Des Moines - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Omaha Lancers News & Notes - Week 14 - Omaha Lancers
- U.S. National Jr. Team Falls to Russia, 2-1, in 2013 IIHF World Junior Championship - U.S. National Team
- Ice Wrap up 2012 Sunday with 6:05 pm Contest vs. Chicago - Indiana Ice
- Conor Lemirande Joins the Lumberjacks - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Game Today Bucs vs Cedar Rapids - Des Moines Buccaneers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.