Comets on the Road to Face Stars
The Kansas City Comets (6-1) head to the Pacific Northwest for their only visit to face the Tacoma Stars (2-2) on Sunday. The Comets will be looking to rebound from their first loss of the season, coming at the hands of the St. Louis Ambush, while the Stars go for their second win in a row.
This is the eight all-time MASL regular-season meeting between the teams and the Comets hold a 4-3 series advantage. Kansas City is 0-1 at the accesso ShoWare Center.
Both teams boast prolific scorers tied for second the league in scoring. Kansas City's Leo Gibson (9G-7A), and Tacoma's Nick Perera (10G-6A).
For the Comets, John Sosa (6G-6A), Rian Marques (6G-3A), and Ray Lee (4G-5A) round out the top scorers. Gibson missed Friday's match due to health and safety protocols, and Matt Lewis (2G-2A) will miss Sunday's game serving a suspension resulting from a red card received on Friday.
Defensively, the Comets are anchored by Nicolau Neto brings a 6-1 record, 4.59 GAA, and .735 sv% to the game. His counterpart on the Stars, Danny Waltman is 2-2, with a 5.48 GAA, and .722 sv%.
Offensively, it will be a tough call as to what lineup the Stars will present tomorrow as the team enters its second week battling COVID complications through their roster. After Perera, next on the team in scoring are Alessandro Canale (7G-1A) and Vini Dantas (3G-3A).
After today's game, the teams will meet again on Saturday, January 22 at the T-Mobile Center to finish out the home-and-home series. Kick-off for that game is 7:00 pm. Tickets are available HERE.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 16, 2022
- Comets Clip Stars 8-7 on the Road - Kansas City Comets
- St. Louis Ambush Beat Chihuahua to Make It a Two-Win Weekend - St. Louis Ambush
- Parreiras Scores Career-High Four Goals in 12-3 Rout of Harrisburg - Florida Tropics SC
- Sidekicks Win in Dramatic, Thrilling Match against Milwaukee Wave - Dallas Sidekicks
- Wave Stunned in Dallas Sunday Afternoon - Milwaukee Wave
- Utica City FC Beaten by Baltimore at Home - Utica City FC
- Comets on the Road to Face Stars - Kansas City Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.