Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Center Marko Dano to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season
COLUMBUS, OHIO - The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed center Marko Danoto a one-year, two-way National Hockey League/American Hockey League contract for the 2019-20 season, club General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced today. The forward returns to the organization after originally being selected by the club in the first round, 27th overall, at the 2013 NHL Draft.
Dano, 24, has registered 19 goals and 26 assists for 45 points with 47 penalty minutes and a +2 plus/minus rating in 138 career NHL games with the Colorado Avalanche, Winnipeg Jets, Chicago Blackhawks and Blue Jackets, including seven penalty minutes in eight games with the Avalanche last season. He set NHL career highs and led Blue Jackets rookies in goals, points and plus/minus and ranked second in assists with 8-13-21 and a +12 plus/minus rating in 35 outings in his lone season with the club in 2014-15. On June 30, 2015, he was part of a trade between the Blue Jackets and Blackhawks that saw Columbus acquire forward Brandon Saad.
A native of Eisenstadt, Austria, Dano has added 29-51-80 and 157 penalty minutes in 140 career AHL contests with the Manitoba Moose, Rockford IceHogs and Springfield Falcons. In 2018-19, he notched 12-18-30 and 75 penalty minutes in 51 appearances with the Moose.
The 5-11, 212-pound forward registered 6-6-12 and 67 penalty minutes in 78 career games with HC Slovan Bratislava in Russia's KHL from 2012-14. He also has represented Slovakia in various international tournaments, including the 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2019 IIHF World Championships and 2012, 2013 and 2014 IIHF World Junior Championships.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from August 8, 2019
- Jim Johnson Named an Assistant Coach of the Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Center Marko Dano to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Columbus Blue Jackets, Cleveland Monsters Announce Multi-Year Extension of Affiliation Partnership
- Monsters Announce Date and Time Adjustments for the 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Center Marko Dano to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Anton Karlsson to One-Year AHL Contract
- Forward Brett Gallant Signs Two-Year AHL Contract with Monsters