Colorado Ice Fall to The Amarillo Venom 37-56
Loveland, CO - The Colorado Ice started fast with a one play touchdown which snowballed to matching touchdowns throughout the first half of play. Ice quarterback Sherard Ellis (15) threw to three receivers and ran the ball in for a touchdown towards the end of the first half.
The Ice stopped the Venom from scoring in the last seconds of the first half sending the Ice players to the locker room feeling confident and the Venom looking to strike once they came out for the second half.
The second half was all Amarillo Venom football with flags flying throughout the half the Ice scored only 8 points to the Venoms 35 points. With the Ice putting in backup quarterback David Knighton (5) in his first IFL game the Ice struggled to put a scoring drive together.
Bobby Purify (13) was able to bring down two touchdowns, one from each of the Ice quarterbacks and a total of 51 receiving yards and 22 rushing. Cory Sleeth (4) had the most receiving yards with 62 on the day and 1 touchdown.
The Colorado Ice (0-5) will travel to Amarillo (5-0) to face the Venom at home on April 24th.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from April 18, 2010
- Colorado Ice Fall to The Amarillo Venom 37-56 - Colorado Crush
- West Michigan Hit by Unexpected Blizzard - West Michigan Thunderhawks
- Randall, Defense Combine to Beat Raiders - Richmond Revolution
- Maniacs lose to Extreme 32-6, Maniacs Drop to 0-5 - Maryland Maniacs
- Over a Cup of Coffee - OSC Original by Jerry Hewitt
- Diamonds defeat San Angelo 23-10 - Arkansas Diamonds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.