Cody Freeman Leads Bulls Charge to NCAA Division I Hockey Tourney
When the NCAA Division I men's hockey championships faces off this weekend, there will be one Amarillo Bulls Alumni taking part.
Cody Freeman and Canisius College advanced to the tournament by defeating Mercyhurst in the Atlantic hockey championship game. Freeman who suited up for the Bulls in their inaugural 2010 2011 season, scored the game's first goal for Canisius College as they defeated Niagara University 5-3 in their semi final game. In the championship game, Freeman added a goal and an assist as the Golden Griffins dumped Mercyhurst 7-2. The Toronto Ontario native picked up an assist on his teams second goal, and later tallied in the final stanza.
Canisius College was given the 16th seed in the NCAA tournament and will play in the East Regional First-Round game against Quinnipiac. The game will take place this Saturday in Providence Rhode Island. Fans can watch the game on ESPN3.com beginning at 5:30 PM eastern, 4:30 PM central.
The Amarillo Bulls close out the regular season this weekend with a visit to Dr Pepper Arena in Frisco to face the Texas Tornado. The games are set for Friday and Saturday at 7:30 PM. Fans can tune into the games live on CBS sports radio 1440, www.amarillobulls.com fueled by UStream and on pay-per-view courtesy of www.fasthockey.com beginning with pregame coverage at 7:15 PM on both nights.
Don't forget the North American Hockey League Playoffs are coming to the Budweiser Bull Pen in the Amarillo Civic Center on Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6 at 7 PM. The Bulls will either face the Corpus Christi Ice Rays or the Wichita Falls Wildcats in the first two games of the South Division Semi- Final Series. Playoff packages are now available and they can be purchased at the Bulls office located at 301 South Polk or by calling 806-242-1122.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2013
- Wings Weekly - Aberdeen Wings
- Jr. Blues Split with Soo - Springfield Jr. Blues
- Jersey Auction this Friday - Brookings Blizzard
- Erik Baskin Named NAHL Central Division Star of the Week - Aberdeen Wings
- 'Cats sweep; final weekend to decide playoffs - Wichita Falls Wildcats
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Cody Freeman Leads Bulls Charge to NCAA Division I Hockey Tourney - Amarillo Bulls
- Sulmonte Scores Twice, Amarillo's Late Goal Dooms Rays' 5-4 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Sulmonte, Economos Each Score in 4-2 Loss to Amarillo - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bulls Push Past IceRays 5-4 - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.