Clark Cup Championship Resumes this Weekend for Ice
INDIANAPOLIS-The Indiana Ice will make their homestand in the battle for the 2014 Clark Cup Championship this Friday (5/16) and Saturday (5/17) as the team hosts the Waterloo Black Hawks from Pan Am Pavilion. Both contests are set to begin at 7:05 pm.
Indy relieved Waterloo of their home-ice advantage over the weekend, splitting a pair of contests with the Western Conference Champions at Young Arena.
The Ice jumped to a 2-0 lead in the first and second periods of Friday's game one contest, but four unanswered goals gave the host Black Hawks a 1-0 edge in the series. Scott Conway and Josh Jacobs both lit the lamp for the visitors while Jason Pawloski made 31 saves on 34 shots.
Saturday's contest stretched into the late hours of the night as Indy topped Waterloo 3-2 in double overtime. Joe Sullivan's wraparound goal at the 6:49 mark of the second overtime split the series at one game apiece. Jacobs potted his second goal in as many nights while Mitch Hults also scored on one of the Ice's 62 shots on net. Pawloski recorded 32 saves on 34 bullets for his sixth postseason win.
A weekend sweep would win the championship for either team while a split would send the series back to Waterloo for game five on Tuesday, May 20 at 8:05 pm Eastern.
Tickets for the Clark Cup playoffs, presented by Ivy Tech, remain the same at $15 for reserved seating and $10 for standing room only and can be purchased on Ticketmaster or through the Indiana Ice office at (317) 925-4423. For all the latest Ice information, please visit www.indianaice.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Clark Cup Finals Playoff Schedule
ICE at Waterloo Friday, May 9 L, 4-2
ICE at Waterloo Saturday, May 10 OTW, 3-2
Waterloo at ICE Friday, May 16 7:05pm- Pan Am Pavilion
Waterloo at ICE Saturday, May 17 7:05pm- Pan Am Pavilion
ICE at Waterloo* Tuesday, May 20 8:05pm- Young Arena
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from May 15, 2014
- Hawks Featured on USHL Team - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Matt Iacopelli Named to All-USHL First Team - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- All-USHL First and Second Teams Named for 2013-14 - USHL
- Hawkey, Poolman, Randolph, Vesel Named to All-USHL Teams - Omaha Lancers
- U.S. Men's National Team Loses to Latvia, 6-5, at IIHF Men's World Championship - U.S. National Team
- Matt Iacopelli Invited to 2014 NHL Scouting Combine - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Clark Cup Championship Resumes this Weekend for Ice - Indiana Ice
- Capitols Announce Tendering of Center Leclerc - Madison Capitols
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.