Chihuahuas and Locomotive Front Office Staffs to Offer Support to Area Non-Profit Organizations
EL PASO - The El Paso Chihuahuas and El Paso Locomotive FC announced today a plan to assist area non-profit organizations (NPOs). This program will provide Chihuahuas and Locomotive staff with expertise in marketing, promotion, development, operations, and general administration to serve the non-profit community which has been so negatively affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
"One of our greatest strengths and most significant assets are the people who comprise the staffs of the Chihuahuas and Locomotive," said MountainStar Sports Group President Alan Ledford. "We are in the live event business and during this window when those events are severely limited, we cannot provide the level of service and memorable experiences we strive to deliver at Southwest University Park. This is also a period filled with extraordinary challenges for our local non-profit organizations. While
their traditional functions are impacted by the pandemic, we are proud to offer our staff to help these NPOs continue to fulfill their respective missions."
The staffs of both teams will be working as part of the Chihuahuas Volunteer Pack and Locomotive Heart of Goal programs, both of which are presented by Helen of Troy. "The Pack" and Heart of Goal are El Paso-wide volunteer forces created to give back to the Sun City and surrounding region.
Joining with non-profit organizations and community partners, the two volunteer groups are made up of Chihuahuas and Locomotive staff, fans, players, and coaches with the mission of making a positive impact in our community. From building homes to sorting food, both teams have put in more than 750 community service hours annually.
"We said from the beginning that this would be about more than baseball," said MountainStar Sports Group Sr. Vice President and Chihuahuas General Manager Brad Taylor. "With a little more bandwidth than usual for the baseball staff, we have the chance to truly be effective and even more helpful in our community."
While Minor League Baseball announced last week that the 2020 season will not be played, the United Soccer League (USL) Championship will return to play on July 11. The competition format and revised schedule for the USL was recently announced.
Non-profit organizations interested in having a Chihuahuas or Locomotive staff member assist your non-profit organization, CLICK HERE. Organizations must be registered as a 501(c)(3).
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 8, 2020
- Lights FC Bolster Roster with Loan from MLS FC Cincinnati - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Indy Eleven Teams with WISH-TV, MyINDY-TV 23 for 14 Regular Season Broadcasts - Indy Eleven
- Rowdies to Make Broadcast Debut on Fox Sports Sun - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Charlotte Independence Soccer Club's Dylan Mitchiner Joins Charlotte Independence on Academy Deal - Charlotte Independence
- Chihuahuas and Locomotive Front Office Staffs to Offer Support to Area Non-Profit Organizations - El Paso Locomotive FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Locomotive FC Stories
- Locomotive FC Down Regional Rivals New Mexico to Reach Second Consecutive Western Conference Final
- El Paso Locomotive FC Dominates FC Tulsa in Penalty Shootout
- El Paso Locomotive FC Western Conference Quarterfinal at Southwest University Park Sells Out
- El Paso Locomotive FC to Kickoff Second Consecutive Playoff Run at Southwest University Park
- El Paso Locomotive FC Claims Group C with 4-0 Win over Real Monarchs