Chicago Fire FC Travel to Face FC Cincinnati on Wednesday Before Hosting Real Salt Lake at Soldier Field on Saturday
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC will play its third consecutive match on the road on Wednesday, Oct. 20 when the team faces FC Cincinnati at TQL Stadium. Beginning at 6:30 p.m. CT, the match will be broadcast on WGN-TV, CFFC Live and TUDN 1200 AM. The Fire will then return to Soldier Field to host Real Salt Lake on Saturday, Oct. 23 at 7:00 p.m. CT. The Fire are coming off a 2-2 draw against league-leading New England Revolution.
The match on Wednesday will be the second regular season meeting between Chicago and Cincinnati, with the previous encounter taking place at Soldier Field. Chicago has tied both previous matches on the road against Cincinnati, both at Nippert Stadium and will be looking for its first win at the new TQL Stadium. The Fire have four games remaining in the 2021 regular season.
Following Wednesday's match, Chicago will return to Soldier Field to celebrate Fan Appreciation Night as the Club hosts Real Salt Lake on Saturday, Oct. 23. The match will be broadcast live on WGN-TV, CFFC Live and TUDN 1200 AM. Salt Lake currently sits in fifth place in the Western Conference and is coming off a 3-1 win against the Colorado Rapids. It will be the first encounter between the two teams since June 22, 2019, when they played to a 1-1 tie at SeatGeek Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 17, 2021
- Red Bulls Defeat New York City FC 1-0 - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire FC Travel to Face FC Cincinnati on Wednesday Before Hosting Real Salt Lake at Soldier Field on Saturday - Chicago Fire FC
- Red Bulls Stop NYCFCÃÂ 1-0 - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy Earn 2-1 Stoppage-Time Win over the Portland Timbers - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Drop Colorado Rapids 3-1 - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Drop 2-1 Result to La Galaxy on the Road - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Earn Three Road Points in 1-0 Win at Austin - Minnesota United FC
- Rave Green Come up Short in 2-1 Loss at Houston, But Sounders FC Remains Atop the West - Seattle Sounders FC
- Austin FC Falls to Minnesota United FC, 1-0 - Austin FC
- Rapids Fall 3-1 to Real Salt Lake in Rocky Mountain Cup Finale - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Name Jeroen van den Bergh Chief Strategy Officer
- Chicago Fire FC to Participate in MLS NEXT Pro in 2022
- Chicago Fire FC Signs Defender Miguel Navarro to New Contract
- Chicago Fire FC Re-Signs Defender Wyatt Omsberg
- Homegrown Goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina Earns First U.S. Men's National Team Call-Up