Chicago Fire Announce Dave Greeley Stepping Down as Club President
CHICAGO, IL (August 4, 2010) - The Chicago Fire today announced that team President, Dave Greeley, will be stepping down from his position effective August 31. He will remain involved with the club as an advisor until the end of the season. A search for his successor will begin immediately.
While the Fire searches for a new president, Javier Leon, Managing Director of Andell Sports Group, will assume the day-to-day management responsibilities of the club. Mike Humes will continue in his role as the club's Chief Operating Officer during this transition.
"Dave has played a key role with the Fire. We're a more professional and better organization as a result of his contributions," said Leon. "We're pleased that we'll have Dave's counsel and services through this transitional period."
Fire owner Andrew Hauptman thanked Greeley for his efforts: " I'm grateful for the time and effort Dave invested in helping to rebuild our business infrastructure. He brought professionalism and passion to this club, and we look forward to working with him in the future. We wish him all the best as he pursues new endeavors."
"The past two years have been intensely rewarding for me professionally and I am forever grateful to Andrew Hauptman for giving me this opportunity. To be a part of the Fire's short, but sweet history and the overall ascension of soccer here in America has been exciting," said Greeley. "I am most proud of the team of professionals we have assembled and all of their accomplishments. With this first-rate crew in place, I can now focus on some other opportunities and interests I would like to consider."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 4, 2010
- Chivas USA's Bornstein and Maldonado to Join National Teams for Friendlies Next Week - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Real Salt Lake Forward Robbie Findley Named to USA Roster for August 10 Friendly V. Brazil - Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC Forward Fredy Montero Voted MLS Player of the Month - Seattle Sounders FC
- Seattle Sounders FC Forward Fredy Montero Voted MLS Player of the Month for July - MLS
- Chicago Fire Announce Dave Greeley Stepping Down as Club President - Chicago Fire FC
- Chicago Fire Rookie Goalkeeper Sean Johnson Earns NAPA MLS Save of the Week Nomination - Chicago Fire FC
- Ben Olsen Named Interim Head Coach - D.C. United
- Sounders FC walk away with 1-1 draw - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Names Ezra Hendrickson Head Coach
- Chicago Fire FC to Face Orlando City SC in 2022 Home Opener at Soldier Field on March 5
- Chicago Fire FC Announce 2021 Award Winners
- Chicago Fire FC Announce 2021 Roster Decisions
- Chicago Fire FC Fall 2-0 on the Road at Columbus Crew in Final Match of the Season