Charge Acquire Returning Player Rights to Gary Payton II
CANTON, OH - The Canton Charge, powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, announced today that the team has acquired the returning player rights to guard Gary Payton II from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in exchange for the player rights to forward Jaron Blossomgame.
Payton II (6-3, 190, Oregon State) has had NBA Call-Ups with the Milwaukee Bucks and Washington Wizards, having played in 32 career NBA games (six starts) and averaging 3.1 points on .413 shooting with 1.8 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 10.5 minutes per game. Undrafted in 2016, Payton has appeared in 97 career NBA G League Games with averages of 15.4 points on .482 shooting with 6.8 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 2.3 steals in 31.3 minutes per game.
Blossomgame played in 35 games (32 starts) for the Charge during the 2018-19 season where the forward averaged 18.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks in 33.3 minutes per game. He spent this 2019-20 preseason with the Houston Rockets, playing in three games and averaging 4.7 points on .538 shooting with 7.7 rebounds in 13.0 minutes per game.
Charge single game tickets to all 23 games at the Canton Memorial Civic Center, including the HOME OPENER on Saturday, November 9th, are ON SALE NOW! Additionally, tickets are now available for the first-ever Charge game at the newly-transformed Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse on Sunday, March 1st! For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to www.CantonCharge.com. or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 24, 2019
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Brandon Fields - Texas Legends
- Memphis Hustle Complete Trade with Agua Caliente Clippers - Memphis Hustle
- Charge Acquire Returning Player Rights to Gary Payton II - Canton Charge
- Vipers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Jaron Blossomgame - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Drive Partner with the Children's Foundation - Grand Rapids Drive
- Delaware Blue Coats to Participate in 2019 NBA G League Draft - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs to Host Draft Party at Pinballz Lake Creek - Austin Spurs
- Knicks Sign Ivan Rabb to Two-Way Contract - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Charge Stories
- Three Charge Alums Added to Cavaliers Training Camp Roster
- Cavaliers Sign Lamar Stevens to Two-Way Contract
- Cavs, Monsters & Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Charge Launch Virtual 5K to Benefit Akron-Canton Foodbank
- NBA G League and Canton Charge Statements on 2019-20 Season Cancellation