Center Jesse Fratkin, Thunder Agree to Terms
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League, and head coach Matt Thomas announced today the team has agreed to terms with center Jesse Fratkin. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Fratkin, 24, is set to return for his second season in Stockton after helping guide the Thunder to the second round of the Kelly Cup Playoffs in 2011-12 and its sixth consecutive playoff berth.
"Jesse had a good first year providing versatility and a strong work ethic that didn't let up all season," said Thomas. "Injuries to our club forced him into different situations that not many rookies are exposed to and he responded well. He creates scoring chances because of his relentless attitude each shift and we're looking for him to take the next step offensively this season."
The 6-foot and 180-pound forward posted 11 goals last season, ranking fourth among Thunder rookies and collected 30 points (11g-19a) in 56 games.
Fratkin additionally suited up in all eight Kelly Cup Playoff games and scored two goals.
The Burnaby, British Columbia native previously skated in 99 career games in college at Brown University (NCAA), scoring 32 points (14g-18a) and notching 48 penalty minutes. Fratkin was honored for his commitment in the classroom as a four time honoree (2007-11) on the ECAC Hockey All-Academic Team.
"Everything associated with Stockton makes me excited to return for this next season," said Fratkin. "The Thunder runs a first class organization and the potential to play again with a solid group from last year helps in the goal to build on our success. There's definitely unfinished business and we want to win for the fans, the organization and the city."
He is the fourth player to return from last season's team, joining defensemen Mike Little, Nathan Deck and Tony DeHart.
Opening Night is Friday, Oct. 12 when the Thunder launches the 2012-13 season and the ECHL's 25th Anniversary campaign at home against the Ontario Reign starting at 7:30 p.m. at Stockton Arena.
A two time recipient of the ECHL "Award of Excellence," the Thunder led the ECHL in attendance for four consecutive seasons and drew over 200,000 fans for the seventh consecutive season in 2011-12. Season Tickets for 2012-13 are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit http://www.stocktonthunder.com/.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 1, 2012
- Thunder Announces Change to 2012-13 Schedule - Stockton Thunder
- Center Jesse Fratkin, Thunder Agree to Terms - Stockton Thunder
- Solar Bears to Raise Turner Cup Championship Banner - Orlando Solar Bears
- Sean Mitton & Andrew Hewitt on all new Episode of Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Condors Add Annesley and Meilleur to 2012-13 Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Brendan Connolly Returning to the Road Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Add Four to Roster; Champs Auger, Henley, Rizk Coming Back for More - Fort Wayne Komets
- Walleye and Red Wings Renew Affiliation - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Agree to Terms with Adam Ross - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls