Brendan Connolly Returning to the Road Warriors
GREENVILLE,SC- The Greenville Road Warriors announced today that the team has resigned forward Brendan Connolly. The 2012-13 season will mark Connolly's third in Greenville.
"I've loved my time in Greenville the last two years," said Connolly on resigning with the Road Warriors. "Playing for Dean [Stork], playing for the fans of Greenville, and playing on a championship caliber team all made signing with the Road Warriors an easy decision."
Connolly was one of the Road Warriors leading scorers last season, tallying 56 points (24G, 32A) in 40 games as well as a goal and an assist in three playoff games. In 85 career games with the Road Warriors, Connolly has posted 46 goals and 60 assists. Before joining the Road Warriors, Connolly spent two seasons with the Elmira Jackals, where he put up 39 points (19 G, 20 A) in 67 games. Before turning pro, Connolly played DI College Hockey at Ferris State University, where he finished top five on the team in scoring in three of his four seasons.
"Brendan is one of the most dynamic offensive forwards in the league and can change the course of a game in an instant," said Road Warriors' Coach Dean Stork. "He has the passion for the game like no one else I have coached at this level. He is one of the most dangerous 1-on-1 players in the league and I'm excited to have him back on board in Greenville"
Connolly is now the seventh player signed with the Road Warriors for the 2012-13 season. Last year's leading goal scorer Brandon Wong, along with forward Tim Coffman resigned with the Road Warriors in June. In July the Road Warriors announced they had signed forward Scott Pitt, one of the leading scorers for the Kelly Cup Champion Florida Everblades, and goalie Bryan Hince who spent a month with the Road Warriors last season before being traded to the Idaho Steelheads. The Road Warriors also signed rookie defensemen Edwin Shea and Brock Shelgren. Both players spent the last four seasons playing DI College Hockey at Boston College and Michigan State, respectively.
Season Tickets for the 2012-2013 season are now available! The Road Warriors have lowered prices and added great new benefits to their season ticket packages. For more information on Full Season and Weekend Ticket Plans, call 864-674-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 1, 2012
- Thunder Announces Change to 2012-13 Schedule - Stockton Thunder
- Center Jesse Fratkin, Thunder Agree to Terms - Stockton Thunder
- Solar Bears to Raise Turner Cup Championship Banner - Orlando Solar Bears
- Sean Mitton & Andrew Hewitt on all new Episode of Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Condors Add Annesley and Meilleur to 2012-13 Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Brendan Connolly Returning to the Road Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Add Four to Roster; Champs Auger, Henley, Rizk Coming Back for More - Fort Wayne Komets
- Walleye and Red Wings Renew Affiliation - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Agree to Terms with Adam Ross - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.