Candice Wiggins Injury Update
MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - The Minnesota Lynx today announced that guard Candice Wiggins will miss the remainder of the 2010 season after rupturing her Achilles tendon in her left leg in Tuesday night's contest vs. the New York Liberty. The injury occurred with 8.0 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter. An MRI done yesterday confirmed the injury. Wiggins will have surgery tomorrow.
In eight games this season, Wiggins averaged 13.8 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 29.8 minutes per game.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 24, 2010
- Tulsa Shock Work with Livestrong Foundation to Block Out Cancer - Tulsa Shock
- Diana Taurasi Nominated for Two ESPY Awards - Phoenix Mercury
- Sun to Host Zumba Fitness Night - Connecticut Sun
- Catchings Nominated for ESPY Award - Indiana Fever
- Sun to Spotlight Arc of New London - Connecticut Sun
- Liberty Game Notes - New York Liberty
- Candice Wiggins Injury Update - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Tickets for Verizon WNBA All-Star 2018 on Sale Now
- Minnesota Lynx Wrap 2018 WNBA Draft
- Lynx Select Ji-Su Park with the 17th Overall Pick in the 2018 WNBA Draft
- Lynx New Icon Edition Uniforms, Court Design and App Revealed
- Minnesota Lynx Issue Statement on Lindsay Whalen