Bulls Stumble Late as Mudbugs Rally in Third Period
Shreveport, LA - A third period surge by the Shreveport Mudbugs was too much to overcome, as the Amarillo Bulls fell 6-4 on Thursday night.
After the Mudbugs went shorthanded mid-way through the first period, Shreveport would take advantage of a turnover and took the lead with a shorthanded goal from Gio Procopio. Amarillo would answer with a breakaway goal from Jordan Venegoni, as he scored his 26th of the season. The Mudbugs regained the lead when Matt Hutton scored his 10th of the season. Moments later, Matt Allen leveled the game at 2-2 with his 21st of the season, cleaning up a pair of rebounds in front of the Mudbugs net.
The Bulls took their first lead of the game just 3:19 into the second period, as Linus Udd-Hellgren tucked a rebound into the back of the net for his second of the season. Devan Tongue extended the Bulls lead to 4-2, sliding his 14th goal of the season into the back of the net.
In the third, Shreveport would tie the game at 4-4 with back-to-back goals from Sam Miller and Warren Natyshak just 50 seconds apart. Later in the period, Natyshak would find the back of the net for the second time, giving the Mudbugs the lead. Procopio solidified the Shreveport victory with an empty net goal as time ran short.
With the loss, the Bulls are now 35-8-1-3 with 74 points and hold sole possession of the South Division lead.
The Bulls remain at on the road on Friday, February 13, to take on the Shreveport Mudbugs. Mark Shelley will broadcast the game from the Spicy Mike's Bar-B-Q Broadcast Booth, and the action will begin at 7:11PM CST on Mixlr.com and Hockey TV.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Bulls Stumble Late as Mudbugs Rally in Third Period - Amarillo Bulls
- Weekend Preview: Titans Home on Valentine's Weekend for Series against Generals - New Jersey Titans
- Upcoming Game Info: Hawks Battle Rebels on Valentines Day Weekend - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Rebels Tender Defenseman Dakota Kott - Jamestown Rebels
- Head and Machlitt Propel Titans to 5-3 Win over Knights - New Jersey Titans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Bulls Announce New Office Location
- Carlin Finds Fit with Commitment to Division I Niagara University
- Amarillo Bulls Announce Cancellation of Season and Robertson Cup Playoffs
- Career Night from Shittu Not Enough, Bulls Lose 105-101
- Murtazin Commits to Call Union Future Home