Bulls Shutout Brahmas to Win Fifth Straight
Fort Worth, TX - Nick Dineen's first goal of the season was enough to lift the Bulls over the Lone Star Brahmas, as Charlie Glockner recorded the team's first shutout of the season in the 1-0 win on Saturday night.
The first period saw the Bulls offense fire out of the gate, recording 8 shots to the Brahmas' single tally, with neither team finding the back of the net. The raised physical play was evident from the opening faceoff with both side delivering a number of crushing hits. The period was cut short with 3:42 remaining when a pane of glass next to the benches shattered onto the ice.
With a rare 3:42 on the clock to begin the shortened first period, the two teams finished the frame with no score, before they quickly started the second period.
Into the second, the Bulls continued to throw shots toward the net. Despite a number of powerplay opportunities, the Bulls could not capitalize on the man-advantage. The breakthrough would come at even strength, when Nick Dineen threw a puck on net that skipped its way through multiple sets of legs and past the body of Lone Star's Ludvig Persson to give the Bulls the 1-0 lead.
The Bulls would hold the 1-0 lead into the third period, and would continue to hold the narrow margin after killing off three third period powerplay chances for the Brahmas.
The Bulls would take the 1-0 score line to the final buzzer, securing all eight of the possible points against Lone Star over the past four games. The win was also Amarillo's fifth straight victory after starting the season 3-3-0-1.
Glockner would save all nine shots he faced, as he picked up his second win in as many nights.
The Bulls will return to the Budweiser Bullpen on Friday, October 25 to take on the Fairbanks Ice Dogs in the first ever, regular season meeting between the sides. Mark Shelley will broadcast the game from the Spicy Mike's Bar-B-Q Broadcast Booth, and the action will begin at 7:30PM CST on 107.1 Nash Icon and Hockey TV.
Images from this story
Amarillo Bulls defenseman Nick Dineen
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 20, 2019
- Salem Nets Shootout Game-Winner, Pilots Sweep Jr. Blues - Topeka Pilots
- Road Sweeping - Aberdeen Wings
- Black Bears Split Series with Rebels - Maryland Black Bears
- Titans Defeat Nordiques 5-2 to Sweep Weekend Series - New Jersey Titans
- Jackalopes Fall 4-3 in New Mexico's First Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bulls Shutout Brahmas to Win Fifth Straight - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Bulls Hold off IceRays Late Push for Fourth Straight Win
- Black's Shootout Goal Lifts Bulls over IceRays for Third Straight Win
- Glockner's Shutout Lifts Bulls to Weekend Sweep of IceRays
- Bulls Special Teams Have Perfect Night in Win over Corpus Christi
- Bulls Lead Slips Away in Overtime Loss to Fairbanks