Bulls Main Camp Opens Tomorrow in Aston, PA
ASTON, PA - The Amarillo Bulls are looking at building off a very successful 2018-19 season when their 10th anniversary Main Camp opens tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon in Aston, PA near Philadelphia.
There will be a total of eight teams competing starting with goalie sessions followed by scrimmages. The Coaching Staff will make decisions k and have a final training camp number chosen by late Sunday. That Training Camp group will report to Amarillo, Texas around September 1.
Bulls Head Coach Rocky Russo said they are very excited about their Main Tryout Camp.
"We have an array of different talent and many players that will push to try to make our club," Russo said. "With the veteran group we have returning, we will be able to build around them and have an extremely competitive team that will battle for a Robertson cup Championship this year."
The Bulls won 46 games during the regular season, and were crowned both South Division Regular Season and Playoff Champions. Rocky Russo's charges advanced to their first Robertson Cup in five years and fell in a three-game series to the eventual champion Aberdeen Wings. This year's new look South Division features the addition of the expansion New Mexico Ice Wolves as well as the return of the Shreveport Mudbugs, Corpus Christi IceRays, Lone Star Brahmas, Topeka Pilots and Odessa Jackalopes.
Fans can tune into the latest on Main Camp through the Bulls Website as well as on Social Media through Facebook and Twitter. Russo said that Assistant Coach George Lewis has done an outstanding job at finding players that will be extremely competitive during camp.
"I have spent a lot of time personally trying to recruit guys that can make a positive impact on our team and our community," said Russo. "We also use our Main Camp as a launching pad for our recruiting for the following season as we have invited many players that play midget or high school for hockey for one more season before potentially being a part of our recruiting class for the following year."
"All of this is extremely instrumental in building not just this year's team but also the teams for the future. This will give our coaching and scouting staff the chance to meet and watch players for down the road and build our base of players for the future."
The best way to catch the 10th season of Amarillo Bulls hockey this fall at the Budweiser Bull Pen in the Amarillo Civic Center is to purchase season tickets and have the same great seat for all 28 games. Fans can also select from full, half season tickets, 10 game flex packs and the new 7-game ticket plan. For further information on seat availability, please visit 301 South Polk in the Amarillo Building or call 806-242-1122.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from July 9, 2019
- Bismarck Bobcats Open Final Tryout Camp This Weekend - Bismarck Bobcats
- Bulls Main Camp Opens Tomorrow in Aston, PA - Amarillo Bulls
- Jake Beaune Will Join Head Coach Scott Langer at the Sirius Junior Club World Cup in Russia - Aberdeen Wings
- Team NAHL Announces Roster for 2019 Sirius Junior Club World Cup - NAHL
- Skinner to Represent Tauros and NAHL in Russia - Minot Minotauros
- Tomahawks Try-Out Camp To Be Held At 1st Summit Arena - Johnstown Tomahawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Bulls Announce New Office Location
- Carlin Finds Fit with Commitment to Division I Niagara University
- Amarillo Bulls Announce Cancellation of Season and Robertson Cup Playoffs
- Career Night from Shittu Not Enough, Bulls Lose 105-101
- Murtazin Commits to Call Union Future Home