Bulls Announce Trade with Saginaw
BELLEVILLE, ON - Belleville Bulls Head Coach and General Manager George Burnett announced Monday morning that the team has traded veteran overaged defenceman Jason Shaw to the Saginaw Spirit in exchange for Barrie's seventh round pick in 2013.
A native of Belleville, Shaw joined the Bulls as a free agent to start the 2011-12 season after a pre-season tryout with the Kingston Frontenacs. In 63 career games as a Bull, Shaw registered a goal and 20 assists while maintaining a +12 plus/minus rating.
"Over the past 14 months Jason has made significant contributions to the Bulls," said Burnett following the announcement. "There is a great opportunity for Jason to continue his development in the OHL with the Saginaw Spirit."
Shaw will join the Spirit on Wednesday night at the Dow Event Center when they host the Plymouth Whalers. He joins Saginaw at an opportune time after the early season injuries of veteran defencemen Brandon Archibald and Steven Strong.
Meanwhile, the Bulls have acquired veteran blueliner Jake Cardwell from the Ottawa 67's. He joins the Bulls on Wednesday at home to the Guelph Storm at 7:05pm. For ticket information, contact the Bulls Box Office at 613-966-8338.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 12, 2012
- Pre-Game Notes November 13th - Ottawa 67's
- Otters' Connor Brown Named OHL Player of the Week - OHL
- Storm Acquires Goaltender from 67's - Guelph Storm
- 67's Trade Keegan Wilson - Ottawa 67's
- Introducing 'Keeping Head Strong' - Kitchener Rangers
- Bulls Announce Trade with Saginaw - Belleville Bulls
- Bulls Bolster Blueline with Acquisition of Jake Cardwell - Belleville Bulls
- 67's Announce Two Trades - Ottawa 67's
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.