Bugs Fall to Bulls 4-1 in Game 2
The Shreveport Mudbugs (4-3) stumbled in the start of the game and couldn't recover as they fell to the Amarillo Bulls, 4-1 in Game 2 of the South Divisional Final Friday night at the Amarillo Civic Center.
Amarillo got off to a fast start in the game as Cooper Fensterstock scored a pair of goals at 1:23 and 4:01 to grab an early 2-0 lead. The Bugs got their first PP of the series, but struggled once again to get quality chances on net. Shreveport put some pressure after a bad start as SOG favored the Bulls, but just 9-7 after one period of play.
The Bugs responded at 10:02 of the 2nd period when Gueorgui Feduolov slammed home a juicy rebound in front for his first goal of the playoffs cutting the deficit in half at 2-1. C.J. Regula got the play started with a shot from the point and earned the assist on the goal. That was the only goal of the middle period and the Bugs felt very energized and still in the game.
It all changed in Amarillo's favor in the 3rd period when they out-shot Shreveport, 14-3 in the last frame and the Bugs just couldn't get anything going. Gabriel Seger scored at 7:13 to give the Bulls a two-goal lead again, 3-1. Then Alex Peterson shot in an EN goal at 17:58 to seal a 4-1 win for the Bulls over the Bugs.
Leo Chuard made 40 saves in a tough luck loss.
The best-of-five series is tied 1-1.
The Bugs and Bulls will play Game 3 of their South DIvisional Final series next Wednesday night at George's Pond in Hirsch Coliseum. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from April 26, 2019
- Bugs Fall to Bulls 4-1 in Game 2 - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Hebert Scores Winner as Hawks Take Game One - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Brahmas Tender Forward Brendan Westbrook - Lone Star Brahmas
- NAHL Central Division Championship Series Game 1 Tonight - Aberdeen Wings
- Bugs Stifle Bulls in Game 1 - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Central Superiority - Minot Minotauros
- Bulls Fall In Game One To Mudbugs 3-1 - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.