Buffalo team changes name and logo
Buffalo, NY. The new name of the Buffalo team in the American Basketball Association (ABA) is now the Silverbacks. According to Todd Wier, the team owner, "We completed the season as the Rapids, but we thought it was only right that since there was new ownership we should have a new name and a new logo - and start next season fresh. Even though we started late last season around Christmas, we were able to put together a competitive team and win some big games. With the spring and summer to really get things going, we know we will have a championship caliber team next season and will make the city of Buffalo proud. Seeing the Championship Trophy over in Rochester gives us added incentive.
For more information, visit www.abalive.com.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from May 9, 2006
- Buffalo team changes name and logo - Buffalo Silverbacks
- Ask the CEO - ABA
- ABA to participate in Syracuse summer league - ABA
- GoGirlGo!Grant Awarded for Summer Program - Atlanta Vision
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Silverbacks Stories
- Buffalo Select All-Stars To Square Off Against Italian National Team
- Sahlen and "Do Your Best, Never Quit" making an impact
- "Do Your Best, Never Quit" at the Delavan-Grider Community Center
- "Do Your Best, Never Quit" at the Erie County Juvenile Detention Center
- Buffalo Silverbacks Name Head Coach