Brett Harrison Commits to the Generals
Oshawa, ON - The Oshawa Generals announced today that forward Brett Harrison has committed to an Ontario Hockey League standard player agreement with the Hockey Club.
The London, ON native was the 1st round, 16th overall selection by the Gens in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection. He was a member of the London Junior Knights during the 2018-19 season where he tallied 42 goals and 21 assists for 63 points in 33 games played.
The 6'1, 160-pound, left shot centre, participated in the OHL Cup in March where he was a point per game player notching two goals and an assist in three games with the Junior Knights. At the OHL Gold Cup last weekend, Harrison suited up for Team Alliance at the tournament. Appearing in four games, he recorded two goals and three assists, sitting second on his team in scoring and tying for fifth in tournament scoring on the way to Team Alliance claiming the Bronze medal.
"This is always an exciting time-it's the unofficial start to next season, signing players for the upcoming year," said Vice President and General Manager Roger Hunt on the commitment from Harrison. "It's no secret how excited we are to have Brett committed to be a General. He's a dynamic play-making guy who can score. Everything we saw at orientation camp and OHL Gold Cup only reassured us what we saw all season long with Brett."
Harrison will join the Generals for training camp at the end of August before the 2019-20 season gets underway in September. He will wear #44 with the team.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from May 7, 2019
- 67's' Sasha Chmelevski named CHL Player of the Week - OHL
- Attack's Guzda and Storm's Terry Named OHL's Top Academic High School Students - Guelph Storm
- Steelheads' Thomas Harley Named OHL Scholastic Player of the Year - Mississauga Steelheads
- Chmelevski Named OHL Academic Player of the Year - Ottawa 67's
- OHL Announces Academic Player of the Year Award Winners for 2018-19 - OHL
- Mack Guzda Wins Ivan Tennant Memorial Award for Top Academic High School Student - Owen Sound Attack
- Sting Prospect Nolan Dann and GTHL Blue Capture 2019 OHL Gold Cup Crown - Sarnia Sting
- OHL Gold Cup Recap; Four Hounds Among 100+ Participants - Soo Greyhounds
- Spirit Release Roster, Details Surrounding 2019 Development Camp - Saginaw Spirit
- Schedule Announced for Petes 2019 Development Camp - Peterborough Petes
- Brett Harrison Commits to the Generals - Oshawa Generals
- Wolves Host Orientation Camp this Weekend - Sudbury Wolves
- Storm Solves 67's in Commanding 7-2 Win - Guelph Storm
- Kings of the Blue Line: Phillips and Durzi on the Same Path - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.