Brahmas Beat Bugs
The Shreveport Mudbugs (8-8-1) couldn't get much going once again at Nytex Sports Centre dropping a 2-0 decision to the Lone Star Brahmas Friday night.
After a troubling 1st period for Bugs hockey as they got out-shot 14-1, they played a better 2nd period. Shreveport was able to close in on SOG, 27-19 in favor of the Brahmas. The only goal was scored at 4:04 on a penalty shot from Clayton Lackey of Lone Star giving the Brahmas the 1-0 edge after two periods of play.
The Mudbugs couldn't get much going offensively and Lone Star capitalized as Lackey took off on a breakaway and scored his second goal unassisted at 12:34 to give the Brahmas a 2-0 lead and they never looked back.
Leo Chuard took another tough luck loss making 34 saves on the night.
Shreveport has now dropped six straight at Nytex Sports Centre dating back to last season which includes being shutout four times in that stretch.
The Mudbugs and Brahmas will conclude their two-game set tomorrow night at Nytex Sports Centre in North Richland Hills, TX. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ?
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2018
- Bulls Take Night One against IceRays - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Brahmas Beat Bugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Solensky Sets New Mark for Points in 6-1 Win over Maryland - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Titans Come up Short in 1-0 Loss to Knights - New Jersey Junior Titans
- Orr Scores First, Stejskal Unbeatable in Knights Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Connor Merrill and Shane Haviland Join the Titans - New Jersey Junior Titans
- Steel Are Jetting off to Janesville - Chippewa Steel
- Bear Necessities - Minot Minotauros
- Bulls Start Road Swing With Three in Corpus Christi - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.