Brach Joins Aeros, Espino on Move
AKRON, OH - The Cleveland Indians announced Saturday that righthander Paolo Espino has been promoted to the Triple-A Columbus Clippers. In a corresponding move, righthander Brett Brach has been assigned to the Akron Aeros from High-A Carolina.
Espino, 25, recently returned to the mound after spending a month on the DL with a strained left oblique muscle. He suffered the injury while making the opening night start for the Aeros on April 5th at Binghamton. Since returning to action, he has pitched twice in relief for Akron, tossing four scoreless innings.
A 10th round pick in 2006, Espino has made 19 career appearances with the Clippers, seeing action in 2010 and 2011. He is 5-4 at the Triple-A level.
Brach, 24, appeared in five games for the Aeros last season, all as a starter. He was 1-2, 4.45 in 2011, his first taste of Double-A action.
This season with Carolina, Brach was 0-1, 5.23 ERA. He pitched in six games (four starts) covering 20 2/3 innings. He allowed 22 hits, 13 runs, with eight walks and 13 strikeouts. His last outing was on Sunday, 5/6, when he tossed three innings of shutout ball in a no-decision against Frederick (Orioles).
The Indians selected Brach in the 10th round of the 2009 draft out of Monmouth University. He is in his 4th professional season, and sports an 18-23 career record.
The Aeros roster now stands at 24 players.
The Aeros will continue the current homestand as they entertain the Harrisburg Senators on Saturday evening at 6:05. The series with the Senators runs through Sunday at Canal Park. All Aeros games are broadcast on Fox Sports 1350 AM and online at www.akronaeros.com. For more information, please call the Aeros at 330-253-5151.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 12, 2012
- Plagman Plagues Curve in 11-6 Loss to Erie - Altoona Curve
- Plagman Big Night Leads to Erie Win - Erie SeaWolves
- Murton and Johnson power Thunder in win - Portland Sea Dogs
- Arbiso Gem Leads Trenton Past Portland, 5-1 - Trenton Thunder
- Aeros Fall for Second Straight Night - Akron RubberDucks
- The Senators Slip Past Akron 6-5 - Harrisburg Senators
- Johnny be Good; Monell Powers Squirrels, 2-0 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Cats top Reading to take over first place - New Britain Rock Cats
- Squirrels Outduel Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Pino, Sobo Lead 9-0 Shutout of Mets - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- B-Mets Roughed up by Fisher Cats, 9-0 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. Bowie - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Brach Joins Aeros, Espino on Move - Akron RubberDucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.