Bourbeau Called Up To AHL's Sound Tigers
(Bridgeport, CT) - The American Hockey League's Bridgeport Sound Tigers made a roster move today, calling up Jean Bourbeau from the Odessa Jackalopes of the Central Hockey League. He is set to join the Sound Tigers for their three games this weekend.
The 26-year-old Bourbeau just completed his second season with Odessa, appearing in 52 games while recording 12 goals and nine assists for 21 points. In his career Bourbeau has 22 goals and 24 assists in 110 total games over those two seasons.
Each of the last two years Bourbeau has appeared in preseason training camp with the Sound Tigers. He is currently on a two-way contract with the team.
Before turning pro the Bonnyville, Alberta native played four seasons at St. Thomas University (CIS) and two seasons in the AJHL with the Grande Prairie Storm.
Bridgeport is on the road for a three-in-three weekend starting Friday at Manchester, then Saturday at Hartford, and Sunday at Lowell.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is in the middle of their 13th season in the Permian Basin. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2010
- Colorado's Ed McGrane Named Sher-Wood/TPS Central Hockey League Player of the Month - CHL
- Sundogs Announce Reduced Season Ticket Prices, New Programs For 2010-11 Season - Arizona Sundogs
- Do Or Die For RiverKings, Missouri Tonight In Southaven - Mississippi RiverKings
- Franck Named CHL Goalie Of The Month - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RGV's Andy Franck Named Sher-Wood/Tps Goaltender Of The Month - CHL
- Bourbeau Called Up To AHL's Sound Tigers - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks, Americans Open Series Friday In Allen - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.