Boston Blazers Add Three-Time All-Star Defenseman Hajek to Roster
Boston, MA (March 4, 2011) Boston Blazers President and General Manager Doug Reffue announced today pending league approval the one year signing of defenseman Thomas Hajek, a three-time All-Star and seven-year league veteran.
Hajek joins the Blazers from the Philadelphia Wings with whom he was selected in the 2003 NLL Entry Draft and has spent his entire professional career. In Hajek's 109 played games with the Wings, he recorded fifty-two points (7 g, 45 a) and scooped 600 loose balls. The thirty-three year old was named the Wings captain in 2005 and also earned a spot in three consecutive All-Star teams from 2005-2007.
"We are excited to add a strong veteran player like Thomas to our line-up," said Reffue Friday morning. "He is a proven leader both on and off the turf and we look forward to seeing him in action this weekend."
A native of Bratislava, Slovakia, Hajek was raised in St. Catharines, Ontario and is a graduate of the University of Vermont. At UVM, Hajek was a team captain in men's ice hockey, a three-year letter winner in men's lacrosse, a three-time member of the America East Academic Honor Roll for lacrosse and the ECAC All-Academic Team for ice hockey. Hajek has also played with the Victoria Shamrocks of the Western Lacrosse Association.
Hajek will make his start with Boston this weekend as the team takes on the Buffalo Bandits on Sunday, March 6th at 5pm at the TD Garden. Tickets are still available for purchase by calling 888-BLAZERS or visiting blazerslacrosse.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 4, 2011
- Mammoth drop tight one to Swarm - Colorado Mammoth
- Wings Drop 2nd to Rock - Philadelphia Wings
- Rock win Fifth Straight - Toronto Rock
- Washington Stealth Faces Edmonton Rush this Weekend - Washington Stealth
- Boston Blazers Add Three-Time All-Star Defenseman Hajek to Roster - Boston Blazers
- Rush Face Big Game with Stealth - Edmonton Rush
- Fewer Than 1,500 Tickets Remain for Saturday's Bandits-Knighthawks Game - Buffalo Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Blazers Stories
- Boston Blazers to Move Operations for 2013 Season
- Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams
- Blazers Kyle Rubisch Named to 2011 NLL All-Rookie Team
- Blazers Season Ends in 11-10 Loss in Divisional Semifinal to Buffalo
- Blazers Set to Battle Division Leader Bandits in Divisional Semifinals