Blue Jackets Assign Markus Nutivaara, Loan Josh
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Monsters, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Thursday that defenseman Markus Nutivaara was assigned by the Blue Jackets to the Monsters and right wing Josh Anderson was loaned to Cleveland for the purpose of conditioning.
A 6'1", 191 lb., left-handed native of Oulu, Finland, Nutivaara, 23, was originally selected by the Blue Jackets in the seventh round (189th overall) of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. Nutivaara posted 2-5-7 with six penalty minutes and a +7 rating in 66 appearances for Columbus in his first NHL campaign in 2016-17 and added 1-1-2 in two Stanley Cup Playoff games last year. Nutivaara additionally supplied 6-18-24 with 18 penalty minutes and a +17 rating in 85 career Liiga appearances for Karpat spanning parts of two seasons from 2014-16.
Selected by Columbus in the fourth round (95th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Anderson, 23, signed a three-year contract extension with the Blue Jackets on Tuesday and posted 17-12-29 with 89 penalty minutes and a +12 rating in 78 appearances for Columbus last season. In 96 career NHL appearances, all for the Blue Jackets, spanning parts of three seasons from 2014-17, the Burlington, ON native contributed 18-16-34 with 93 penalty minutes and a +11 rating. In 110 AHL appearances spanning parts of two seasons from 2014-16 with the Springfield Falcons and the Monsters, Anderson supplied 25-31-56 with 184 penalty minutes and a +15 rating and helped the Monsters claim the 2016 Calder Cup as AHL Playoff Champions. Prior to his professional career, Anderson tallied 62-60-122 with 192 penalty minutes and a +58 rating in 191 appearances spanning three OHL seasons with the London Knights from 2011-14, helping London claim back-to-back OHL Championships in 2011-12 and 2012-13.
Full and partial season ticket memberships are on sale now and provide you with the best seat locations, custom member benefits and the lowest ticket prices starting at only $10 per game. Group outing and birthday bash packages for 10 or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, calling (216) 420-0000, visiting The Q Box Office or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/monstershockey.
The Cleveland Monsters are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Majority Owner and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League playing at Quicken Loans Arena and the Canton Charge of the NBA G League playing in nearby Canton, Ohio at the Canton Civic Center.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 5, 2017
- Chicago Wolves and Foley Family Charitable Trust Donate $200,000 To Las Vegas Victims, First Respond - Chicago Wolves
- Blue Jackets Assign Markus Nutivaara, Loan Josh - Cleveland Monsters
- Iowa Wild Signs Malone, Announces Opening Day Roster - Iowa Wild
- Penguins Sign Kevin Spinozzi to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ben Holmstrom Returns for Third Season in Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Shipachyov, Theodore, Tuch Set to Join Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Close Preseason Tonight vs. San - Ontario Reign
- Blackhawks Make Roster Moves - Rockford IceHogs
- Canucks Finalize Roster, Comets Announce Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Assign Motte, Ramage, Sherwood To - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.