Blue Bombers Add Two to Roster
WINNIPEG, MB. - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed international linebacker Jarnor Jones and International offensive lineman Chauncey Briggs.
Jones (6'3, 209, Iowa State, April 29, 1994 in Lithonia, GA) played two seasons with the Iowa State Cyclones, totalling 78 tackles, three sacks, and one interception in 24 games. In 2016, Peters shared the award for CMU's Defensive Player of the Year. In 2017, Jones signed with the Atlanta Falcons as an undrafted free agent before joining the San Francisco 49ers practice squad.
Briggs (6'6, 300, Southern Methodist University, July 8, 1994 in West Bloomfield, MI) played three seasons with the SMU Mustangs, starting in 31 games. In 2017, Briggs signed with the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted free agent. Briggs also spent time with the Edmonton Eskimos in 2018.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 18, 2019
- Eskimos Announce Signings - Edmonton Eskimos
- RedBlacks Make Roster Moves - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Stamps Add Running Back - Calgary Stampeders
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Name Jeremy O'Day Vice President of Football Operations & General Manager - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Stamps Sign Kamar Jorden - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Add Two to Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Release Linebacker Ian Wild - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Thomas Erlington to Two-Year Contract - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.