'Blades Receive Several Players from AHL Charlotte
ESTERO, FL - Florida Everblades President & General Manager Craig Brush along with Head Coach Brad Ralph announced Thursday that defenseman Josiah Didier and goaltender Martin Ouellette have been assigned to the team by the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Didier, 24, recorded eight points (2g, 6a) in 39 games played with the AHL's St. John's IceCaps last season. In addition, Didier also logged an assist in his lone appearance with the Brampton Beast (ECHL). The 6-2, 203-pound blueliner has totaled 13 points (2g, 11a) in 100 career AHL appearances split between St. John's and the Hamilton Bulldogs (2014-15). Prior to his professional career, Didier played four seasons at the University of Denver from 2011-2015 compiling 29 points (3g, 26a). The Littleton, Colorado native was originally selected by the Montreal Canadiens in the fourth-round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Ouellette, 25, has played the past three seasons split between the Reading Royals (ECHL) and the Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL). The 6-2, 194-pound netminder has amassed a 49-33-5-2 record, with five shutouts, a 2.60 goals-against-average and a .912 save percentage in 92 career ECHL appearances with the Royals. Ouellette has played in 21 career AHL contests posting an 11-5-0 record, with two shutouts, a 2.30 goals-against average and a 0.927 save percentage. The Saint-Hippolyte, Quebec native played four seasons at the University of Maine where he finished with a 28-33-14 record from 2010-2011. Additionally, Ouellette was selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the seventh round of 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Both Didier and Ouellette enter the season under an AHL contract with Charlotte.
In a separate roster move, the Checkers announced Thursday that forward Brett Bulmer was released from his tryout. Bulmer is under an ECHL contract with the Everblades for the 2017-18 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 29, 2017
- Royals Add Five with Tryout Agreements - Reading Royals
- Eagles to Hold Major Press Conference Monday - Colorado Eagles
- Nailers Announce 2017 Training Camp Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- 'Blades Bolster Blue Line with the Addition of Gus Young - Florida Everblades
- Kalamazoo Wings Dedicate Season to Ted and Martha Parfet - Kalamazoo Wings
- Six Players Return from AHL Camps - Indy Fuel
- 'Blades Receive Several Players from AHL Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- Beast Get Donaghey from Senators - Brampton Beast
- Mallards Land Leone, Sign Patterson to PTO - Quad City Mallards
- New Name for Mallards' Home: Taxslayer Center - Quad City Mallards
- Royals HIre Sherry Metzinger as Community Engagement - Reading Royals
- Royals Agree to Terms with Forward Tyler Brown - Reading Royals
- 'Blades Add NHL Experiencewith the Addition of Brett Bulmer - Florida Everblades
- Fan Favourite Luc Olivier Blain Returns to Beast - Brampton Beast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Smooth Sailing for Everblades in 7-2 Win over Admirals
- Everblades Unbeaten Streak Ends in Loss to Orlando
- 'Blades Put out Solar Bears Flame in 3-1 Victory
- Roe's Overtime Blast Sends 'Blades Past Orlando 2-1
- Guns 'N Hoses Night Highlights this Weekend's Home Games