Birmingham Iron Weekly Game: vs San Antonio Commanders
Birmingham Iron (3-0) vs. San Antonio Commanders (1-2)
Date: Sunday, March 3, 2019 - 3 p.m. CT
Location: Birmingham, Ala. - Legion Field
TV: CBS Sports Network
Play-by-Play: Ben Holden
Color Analyst: Adam Archuleta
Sideline reporter: John Schriffen
Radio: iHeart Media/WERC 960 AM
Play-by-Play: Thom Abraham
Color Analyst: Mike Johnson
STRIKE THE ANVIL ...
- The Birmingham Iron and San Antonio Commanders of the Alliance of American Football League will face off on Sunday, March 3 at Legion Field for the Iron's third home game of the season. The game will be televised on CBS Sports Network with Ben Holden, Adam Archuleta and John Schriffen on the call.
- The first snap is slated for 3:05 PM CT.
- The Iron is coming off a three-game win streak and is currently tied for 1st in the Eastern Conference.
FORGED IN FIRE ...
- RB Trent Richardson leads the Alliance with six rushing touchdowns through Week 3. He found the end zone three times against Atlanta, becoming the first running back in the Alliance to record three rushing touchdowns in a single game.
- WR Quinton Patton has pulled in 11 receptions for 209 yards (19.0 avg), which ranks 3rd among all wide receivers in the Alliance.
- QB Luis Perez currently ranks 4th among Alliance quarterbacks with 596 passing yards and 5th with a completetion percentage of 58.8%.
- P Colton Schmidt landed three punts inside the 20 yard line against Atlanta. He currently leads the Alliance with eight punts inside the 20.
IRON CURTAIN ...
- TAKEAWAYS: Through three games, the Iron ranks first in the Alliance after forcing eight turnovers, including five interceptions ( DBs Jamar Summers (2), Jack Tocho, Max Redfield, LB Xzavier Dickson) and three fumble recoveries, one of which was returned for a touchdown.
- LOADED LINEBACKERS LB Beniquez Brown has recorded 29 total tackles through the first three games, which ranks second among all defenders in the Alliance. Brown has also BIRMINGHAM
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from February 26, 2019
- Birmingham Iron Weekly Game: vs San Antonio Commanders - Birmingham Iron
- Schmidt Named the Alliance of American Football Special Teams Player of the Week - Birmingham Iron
- San Diego RB Ja'Quan Gardner, San Diego LB A.J. Tarpley and Birmingham P Colton Schmidt Earn Week Three Honors - AAF
- Gardner, Tarpley Earn AAF Weekly Honors - San Diego Fleet
- San Antonio Commanders Travel to Birmingham Iron on Sunday, March 3 - San Antonio Commanders
- Fleet Partners with Second Chance Beer Company - San Diego Fleet
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Birmingham Iron Stories
- Birmingham Iron Issues Official Statement
- Big Plays Earn Three Standouts Week 6 AAF Player of the Week Honors
- Week 6 Postgame Notes & Quotes
- Steve Spurrier's Orlando Apollos Lead Alliance at Halfway Mark
- Birmingham Iron Partner with Greater Birmingham Habitat for Humanity