Betnijah Laney Medical Update
NEW YORK - New York Liberty guard/forward and 2021 WNBA All-Star, Betnijah Laney, underwent successful left knee arthroscopy yesterday at Hospital for Special Surgery.
The procedure was performed by Dr. Riley Williams and Dr. Benedict Nwachukwu, the Liberty's orthopedic surgeons at Hospital for Special Surgery. Betnijah will begin rehabilitation and she is expected to make a full recovery before training camp in 2022.
Further updates will be provided as appropriate. Out of respect of her privacy, Betnijah will not be taking media interviews.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from November 18, 2021
- Chelsey Perry's Hometown Names Day in her Honor - Indiana Fever
- WNBA Approves New Playoff Format - WNBA
- Atlanta Dream and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Tackle Food Insecurity with College Park Elementary - Atlanta Dream
- Michaela Onyenwere Presented with 2021 Kia WNBA Rookie of the Year Trophy - New York Liberty
- Betnijah Laney Medical Update - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.