Bees to Face Dodgers in OKC
After two difficult losses at home to the New Orleans Baby Cakes in which they led going into the eigthth inning, the Salt Lake Bees will look to rebound on the road in a three-game set with the Oklahoma City Dodgers starting Wednesday.
The series between Salt Lake and Oklahoma City pits two division leaders against each other. The Dodgers, the affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers currently sit atop the American North Division, while the Bees hold a five and a half game lead in the Pacific Southern Division.
It will be somewhat of a battle between contrasting styles in Oklahoma City. The Bees have been one of the strongest offensive teams in the league, while the Dodgers have been guided by solid pitching. Oklahoma City has the second-best team ERA while giving up the fewest amount of hits and runs, both earned and unearned in the PCL. Salt Lake leads the league in runs scored, hits and home runs.
The Bees will have to replace the offensive and defensive presence of David Fletcher, who was called up to the Major Leagues for the first time in his career earlier this week. Fletcher currently leads the Pacific Coast League in numerous batting categories, including hits, doubles, runs scored and total bases while holding the third-best batting average in the PCL.
The loss of Fletcher might be softened by the return of Michael Hermosillo, who joins the Bees after a 10-game stint with the Los Angeles Angels, the first visit to the Majors of his career. Hermosillo hit .143 with a pair of doubles in his time with the Angels. In 40 games with Salt Lake this season, he's hitting .265 with 24 RBIs.
Following the three-game set with the Dodgers, the Bees will make their way to Colorado Springs for a four-game series with the Sky Sox. Salt Lake will return to Smith's Ballpark on June 21st to host the Tacoma Rainiers.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 13, 2018
- Six-run inning helps River Cats take down Express - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees Score Late to Take Series Opener, 4-3 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Birds Score Early and Often to Take Series-Opener - Memphis Redbirds
- Fresno Uses Six-Run Sixth to Pull Away from Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies have no problem in NOLA opener, defeat Baby Cakes 9-2 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Express Return Home to Face West Coast Foes - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (30-32) at El Paso Chihuahuas (32-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Baseball Seeks Community's Stories to Help Rebrand Hometown Team - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Reno Aces Game Notes vs. Iowa Cubs - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (38-27) at Albuquerque Isotopes (32-32) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 13, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees to Face Dodgers in OKC - Salt Lake Bees
- OKC Dodgers and Kimray Partner to Create Kimray Kids Program - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.