Beavers, Timbers Seek Portland's Best Talent
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Beavers and Portland Timbers will host a talent contest called "Portland Has Talent" on Saturday, March 6, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Lloyd Center Mall, it was announced today.
The contest, which will feature guest judges from around the area, will be held in the Lloyd Center courtyard outside Nordstrom's, located off Holladay Street between NE 9th and 11th Avenues in Portland. Seating will be provided for fans in attendance.
The goal of the competition is to find some of the most unique and talented acts the Rose City has to offer. Possible performances include, but are not limited to: dance routines, vocal performances, acrobatics, riding a unicycle, juggling, magic tricks, junkyard percussion and other random talents.
The event, which is being held in lieu of the annual national anthem tryouts at PGE Park, will also serve as an audition for fans who wish to sing the national anthem or perform their acts on the field at Beavers and Timbers games at PGE Park this season.
Entering the contest is free, though pre-registration is required at www.portlandbeavers.com or www.portlandtimbers.com.
Contestants may enter as individuals or in groups and will be given two minutes of stage time in which to perform. They must also provide their own music.
The Beavers begin their 72-game home schedule at PGE Park against Sacramento on Thursday, April 8, at 7:05 p.m., while the Timbers kick off their season at home against Rochester on Saturday, April 17, at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at the PGE Park box office, online at www.ticketmaster.com or via phone at (503) 553-5555.
For additional information regarding the Portland Has Talent contest as well as other PGE Park promotions, visit www.portlandbeavers.com/promos/special/ and www.portlandtimbers.com/schedule/promotional/.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from February 16, 2010
- Beavers, Timbers Seek Portland's Best Talent - Portland Beavers
- Royals, State Tresurer Kick-Off Essay Contest - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rockies, Mariners Exhibition Tickets On Sale Saturday - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces National Anthem Auditions Set For March 6 - Reno Aces
- 'Birds Announce Program Naming Contest - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss