Beauts Roll into Connecticut Looking to Keep the Streak Alive
Who: Buffalo Beauts (11-4-0) at Connecticut Whale (3-10-2)
Where: Terry Conners Rink - Stamford, CT
When: Saturday, March 10, at 2:30 pm.
Saturday marks 133 days since the Buffalo Beauts entered Terry Conners Rink for the first time. Since, they have clinched second place in the standings, and been the only team to blot the record of the Metropolitan Riveters. This Saturday, they conclude the season just as they started it. However, this time, the Connecticut Whale hope to earn the victory.
The Whale were the first team to take the Riveters into overtime, and have played one-goal contests in eight of 15 games this season. One of those was a shootout loss to the Beauts on January 20. To say the Whale have some fight in them is an understatement. However, will it be enough?
The defending champions have proven to be a worthy opponent, winning their last nine games. One more win leaves them just shy of the Riveters 11-0 start this season. However, if they are successful in their goal to #DefendTheCrown, they will have the second longest single-season record.
Players to Watch:
Is there a goalie hotter than Amanda Leveille right now? In just over 911 minutes spanning all 15 regular season games, she a league-best boasts a .905 saves percentage. Additionally, Hayley Scamurra has nine points across the Beauts nine-game winning streak. The Northeastern alumna has 13 points on the season, making her the top on the Beauts and fifth-highest in the league.
The Whale always get an exceptional outing from netminder Sydney Rossman. Yet, the Whale will need more than great saves to earn a win against Buffalo. Emily Fluke leads the Whale in points (11) and is tied with Kelly Babstock in goals (four). Babstock also leads the team in shots on goal (63). Also be on the lookout for Sam Donovan making her home debut after signing with Connecticut on February 27.
Grab your tickets to see the Buffalo Beauts face the Connecticut Whale this Saturday at 7:00 pm. Both teams will also celebrate #YouCanPlay and the #HockeyIsForEveryone initiative. The game will be featured on the Twitter as the NWHL Game of the Week.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from March 8, 2018
- Riveters and Pride Face-Off in Last Regular Season Game - Metropolitan Riveters
- Beauts Roll into Connecticut Looking to Keep the Streak Alive - Buffalo Beauts
- Skarupa Comes Home with the Gold - Boston Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Beauts Stories
- Beauts Book a Date to the Isobel Cup Final as They Down the Pride in OT
- Heading into Isobel Cup Semifinal, Buffalo in Vint Condition
- Greco, Scamurra and the Beauts Primed for First Playoff Game Before "The Best Fans in the League"
- Beauts Determined to Defend the Crown with Hard Work and Heart at Home
- Beauts Score Three in the Second Beat the Whale 4-1