Beauts Agree to Terms with Forward Fonfara
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Beauts today announced the team has agreed to terms with forward Meghan Fonfara.
"Meghan came to our free agent camp and clearly showed that her athleticism would be a nice fit for our organization," Beauts General Manager Nik Fattey said. "She is another strong local player that will add to our already competitive roster."
Fonfara (6'0", 11/27/1995) has spent the past four seasons (2014-2018) playing for Elmira College (UCHC). She recorded 65 points (34+31) in 93 games played for the Soaring Eagles, including a career-high 26 points (12+24) in 30 games during her senior season.
A native of Elma, New York, Fonfara was named to the ECAC West All-Academic Team in 2016 and 2017 and earned D3hockey.com National Team of the Week honors for the week of Nov. 17 to 25, 2015.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from October 7, 2018
- Olympians Hensley and Raisanen Battle as Beauts Defeat Whale, 4-0 - Connecticut Whale
- Brandt, Whitecaps Complete Weekend Sweep of Defending Champion Riveters - Minnesota Whitecaps
- Beauts Shut out Whale in Season Opener - Buffalo Beauts
- Beauts Agree to Terms with Forward Fonfara - Buffalo Beauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.