Beauts Agree to Terms with Defenseman Chesson
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Beauts today announced the team has agreed to terms with defenseman Lisa Chesson.
Chesson (5'6", 8/18/1986) returns to Buffalo for her third season with the Beauts after earning her first NWHL All-Star selection in 2017-18. She has recorded eight points (1+7) in 21 career regular-season games with the Beauts, adding one assist in three career postseason contests.
A native of Plainfield, Illinois, Chesson has represented the United States in international play several times throughout her career, highlighted by a silver medal at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, British Columbia. She has also won two gold medals (2009 and 2013) and one silver medal (2012) at the IIHF World Women's Championship.
Prior to earning her international accolades, Chesson played four years at Ohio State University (WCHA). She served as an assistant captain during her senior season in 2007-08 and finished her collegiate career with 89 points (27+62) to rank fourth among all Buckeyes blueliners and ninth overall in school history.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from June 4, 2018
- Beauts Agree to Terms with Defenseman Chesson - Buffalo Beauts
- Team USA Olympic Gold Medalist Amanda Kessel Returns to the Riveters - Metropolitan Riveters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Beauts Stories
- Two-Time Isobel Cup Champion, Two-Time All-Star Corinne Buie Is Back with the Buffalo Beauts
- Pete Perram Named Head Coach of Buffalo Beauts
- NWHL Names Mandy Cronin General Manager of the Buffalo Beauts
- Pegula Sports & Entertainment Returns Beauts to League
- Scamurra Earns Player of the Year Award