Bears to Play 2012 Season in Yakima
Yakima Bears GM K.L. Wombacher announced today that the Bears will play the 2012 season at Yakima County Stadium.
"Although we had hoped to play in a permanent, suitable facility in 2012," said Wombacher, "we are pleased to announce that Yakima County Stadium will be the home of the Bears for at least one more season." The organization will continue its efforts to find a long-term solution to the facility problem.
"Yakima Valley residents can enjoy another summer of professional baseball," stated Wombacher. "We look forward to providing our fans another season of affordable family fun while remaining involved in the community year round."
The 2012 schedule will be packed with the usual promotions that make the fan experience so enjoyable. "Who knows' We may even have some special surprises up our sleeve for 2012," added GM Wombacher. Season ticket plans for 2012 will go on sale in October.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from September 1, 2011
- Gagnon Blocks the Volcanoes' Flow - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Bears take 2-1 series lead, keep playoff hopes alive - Yakima Bears
- Hanna Twirls as Gem as Indians Shut Out AquaSox 3-0 - Spokane Indians
- Boise beats Vancouver - Boise Hawks
- Vancouver's road troubles continue; fall to 3-16 away from Scotiabank Field - Vancouver Canadians
- Avista Stadium Named Northwest League Field of the Year - Spokane Indians
- Bears to Play 2012 Season in Yakima - Yakima Bears
- Bears Can't Keep Up With Emeralds Scoring in Loss - Yakima Bears
- Indians Battle Elements and AquaSox in 3-1 Win - Spokane Indians
- Hitting Streak Ends in Tri-City Loss - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.