BC Football Hall of Fame Announces Class of 2019
(Vancouver) Following eight previous classes of historic inductees since its inception in 2011, the British Columbia Football Hall of Fame this morning announced the inductees for its 2019 class.
In all, inductees in six categories were announced including:
Professional Athletes: Jamie Taras, Jerome Pathon, Lawrence 'Sonny' Homer
Amateur Athletes: Paul Giroday and Brad Yamoka, Walter Passaglia
Builders: Al Blesch, Ron Turner, Mike Ross, Allan Sinclair
Team: 1941 Vancouver Grizzlies, 1986-91 Mardi Gras Women's Touch Football Club
Media: Bernie Pascall
CFL Bob Ackles Award: Tom Malone
"We're very proud once again to welcome each of these very deserving inductees into the BC Football Hall of Fame," said BCFHOF CEO Tom Malone. "Our province is steeped in history when it comes to the sport of football and the BC Football Hall of Fame is honoured to pay tribute to these athletes, teams and builders."
Inductees will be celebrated throughout the BC Lions' October 5th home game versus the Toronto Argonauts.
Nominations for the BCFHOF 2020 class can now be made via the organization's website http://bcfootballhalloffame.com.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 12, 2019
- BC Football Hall of Fame Announces Class of 2019 - B.C. Lions
- This Week in the CFL - Week 14 - CFL
- CFL Scouting Bureau: Fall Edition - CFL
- Tiger-Cats Add American Defensive End Bethune to Practice Roster - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent B.C. Lions Stories
- BC Lions General Manager Ed Hervey Stepping Down
- OHA Online Auction Raises over $18,500 for Amateur Football in British Columbia
- Lions Launch Coaches Playbook Presented by BOSA Construction and GML Mechanical Ltd.
- Orange Helmet Awards Silent Auction on Now
- Boesen Opts Out