BayHawks Donate over 60,000 Tickets to Anne Arundel County Public School Students
ANNAPOLIS, MD - The Chesapeake Bayhawks, to celebrate local education and school pride, have provided all Anne Arundel County Public School students with a complimentary ticket to the Bayhawks' final home game of the season against the Denver Outlaws on Friday, September 20th at 8:00 PM EST in Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, MD. Students will receive their free tickets from faculty at each of their respective schools this week.
Chesapeake Bayhawks attackman Colin Heacock, mascot Hawkeye and associates of the Bayhawks Front Office made a special surprise appearance at Southern Middle School in Lothian, MD on Thursday. The group was joined by members of the Anne Arundel County Public School System to welcome the students back to school, congratulate them for their hard work and present them with their game tickets.
"It was really cool to see the reactions of the students," said Heacock. "The surprises on their faces when we walked in the cafeteria and told them they were all getting free tickets was pretty wild. I think we made a few new lacrosse fans today."
"Our students were very excited by this surprise visit and I expect to see many of them attend the game," recounts Southern Middle School Principal Kevin Buckley. "Lacrosse is an excellent sport which a great many of our students play. The opportunity to see it played at the highest level will be a great learning experience but most important, a fun one."
In addition to the 60,000 tickets provided to Anne Arundel County Public School elementary and middle schoolers, Anne Arundel Country Public School high schoolers are able to present a valid student ID card at the Bayhawks' ticket booth for free admission.
"I am number 11 of 12 siblings, and between all of us we have 50 kids. Needless to say we appreciate the importance of education!" said Brendan Kelly, Bayhawks Owner. "Being able to give back to our communities with this annual ticket donation to AACO Public Schools gets the kids out to a family-friendly event and allows us to celebrate the kick-off of the school year with them."
Any family or friends of the students who received tickets can purchase tickets at a special discounted rate by using the promo code provided to the students. The code can be redeemed at thebayhawks.com/tickets. If you have any questions about the code or if your child did not receive a code, please contact 866-99-HAWKS.
Again, these tickets are valid for the Bayhawks' final regular-season game against the Denver Outlaws on Friday, September 20th at 8:00 PM in Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, MD for School Pride Night. Fans are encouraged to wear attire from their favorite middle school, high school or university. Tailgate begins at 5:30pm!
Additional tickets for the game are available at thebayhawks.com/tickets. They can also be purchased through the Chesapeake Bayhawks Ticket Office at 866-99-HAWKS or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from September 13, 2019
- All Four Playoff Teams in Action This Weekend - MLL
- Denver Outlaws to Host Chesapeake BayHawks on Saturday with Opportunity to Secure No. 1 Seed in Playoffs - Denver Outlaws
- Fan Appreciation Night at Atlanta Silverbacks Park Saturday - Atlanta Blaze
- BayHawks Donate over 60,000 Tickets to Anne Arundel County Public School Students - Chesapeake Bayhawks
- NY Lizards to Wear Special Jerseys for "Salute to Heroes" Game on September 21 - New York Lizards
- MLL Week 14: Inside the Numbers - MLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chesapeake Bayhawks Stories
- Heacock's Four Goals Lift BayHawks Past Outlaws, 13-11
- BayHawks Host Outlaws on School Pride Night for Regular Season Finale
- Thompson Breaks Two BayHawks Franchise Records En Route to 11-10 Win
- BayHawks Donate over 60,000 Tickets to Anne Arundel County Public School Students
- Playoff Bound BayHawks Travel to Denver to Improve Playoff Seeding