Barnes Signs with Tri-City
KENNEWICK, WA - Tri-City Americans General Manager Bob Tory announced today that the team has signed 2000-born forward Jack Barnes to a WHL Standard Player Agreement.
"We are excited that Jack will be joining our club for this season," said Tory. "He is a veteran player with a high hockey IQ."
Barnes, a native of Plano, Tex., was a fifth-round selection of the Americans in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft.
The 5-foot-11 and 181-pound forward has played the past three seasons with the Penticton Vees of the BCHL. During the 2019-20 season, Barnes recorded six goals and six assists in 46 games and served as an alternate captain for the Vees. Through 156 career BCHL games, he totaled 21 goals and 21 assists with 85 penalty minutes.
The upcoming 2020-21 season is slated to begin on Friday, March 19. You can read the most recent season update from the WHL here. The Americans office currently remains closed. Fans can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images from this story
Forward Jack Barnes with the Penticton Vees
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2021
- Exceptional Time for East Division - Winnipeg Ice
- Western Hockey League Statement on COVID-19 Testing - WHL
- Barnes Signs with Tri-City - Tri-City Americans
- Rebels Veteran Forwards Thankful for Their Living Arrangements and the Opportunity to Play a 24-Game Season - Red Deer Rebels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.