August 6 Game Delayed Due to Heat
After the National Weather Service in Pendleton, OR announced a Heat Advisory, officials found it necessary to delay today's game
Tonight's scheduled start time for a West Coast League baseball game between the Walla Walla Sweets and Kelowna Falcons at Borleske Stadium will be moved back one-half hour, Sweets team officials announced late this morning.
The original start time for the middle game of the three-game series between the Sweets and Falcons was 6:35 pm but will now be at 7:05 pm due to a heat warning blanketing the Walla Walla Valley.
Gates will now open at 6:30 pm.
• Discuss this story on the West Coast League message board...
West Coast League Stories from August 6, 2019
- Red-Hot Sox Seek Playoff Berth, Host Raptors - Wenatchee AppleSox
- August 6 Game Delayed Due to Heat - Walla Walla Sweets
- Sweets Drop Game, Series to Ridgefield - Walla Walla Sweets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Walla Walla Sweets Stories
- Former Sweet Matt Hall Starts First Major League Game
- Sweets See One Alumnus, Two 2020 Signees Selected in the MLB Draft
- Sweets Cancel Season Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sweets Remain Committed to Play this Summer
- Connor Cirillo to Return Alongside Father, Manager Jeff