Atlanta Hawks Assign Adreian Payne to Austin Spurs
December 9, 2014 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
ATLANTA, GA ----- The Atlanta Hawks have assigned forward/center Adreian Payne to the Austin Spurs of the NBA Development League, pursuant to the flexible assignment rule, it was announced today by Head Coach Mike Budenholzer.
The flexible assignment rule was used because the Fort Wayne Mad Ants had four NBA players on assignment at the time the Hawks initiated Payne's assignment to the D-League.
In two stints with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, Payne has appeared in six games, starting five, averaging 13.5 points, 10.5 rebounds (tied for seventh in the D-League) and 2.3 assists in 31.3 minutes. He was originally assigned on November 20, recalled on November 23. He was re-assigned on November 28 and recalled on December 6.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 9, 2014
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Adreian Payne to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Charge Run Past Skyforce - Canton Charge
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Full Slate of Promotions - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Spurs End Legends' Road Streak - Texas Legends
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Adreian Payne to Austin Spurs - G League
- Green Leads Austin Spurs Past Texas - Austin Spurs
- Boston Celtics Assign Powell and Young to Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Boston Celtics Assign Powell and Young to NBA D-League's Maine Red Claws - G League
- Bakersfield Cruises Past L.A. - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.