Argos Bring Back Int OL Campbell & Int QB Prukop
TORONTO - The Toronto Argonauts announced today the club has signed International OL Will Campbell and INT QB Dakota Prukop.
Campbell, 27, is entering his third season with Toronto after being signed by the club in June of 2017. The Detroit native played and started in 15 games in 2018 after playing in 14 games during his rookie season. The 6'5, 308-pound OL started at left tackle in the Argos 105th Grey Cup win over Calgary two seasons ago. After being drafted by the New York Jets in the sixth round of the 2013 NFL Draft, Campbell spent time with the Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers and Tennessee Titans between 2014 and 2016.
The former Michigan Wolverine played 51 games over four seasons in Ann Arbor on both sides of the line and was named All-Big 10 honourable mention as a senior.
Prukop, 25, signed with Toronto in May of 2017, playing in nine games as a rookie and 14 last season while recording a combined eight special teams tackles. The 6'2, 205-pound signal caller played three seasons at Montana State throwing for 5,584 yards, 46 touchdowns and 1,763 rush yards and 24 rushing touchdowns in 23 games. The Texas native transferred to Oregon for his senior season, throwing for 1,214 yards, eight touchdowns while adding 171 yards and two touchdowns on the ground in six games for the Ducks.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 14, 2019
- Argos Add Two-Time CFL All-Star WR Derel Walker - Toronto Argonauts
- Eskimos Sign Anthony Parker - Edmonton Eskimos
- Riders Sign Quarterback Cody Fajardo - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Alouettes Add Receiver Chris Brown to the Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- RedBlacks Sign Kevin Francis - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Stephen Adekolu, Back for a Third Season with the Alouettes - Montreal Alouettes
- Courtney Stephen Joins Stampeders - Calgary Stampeders
- Alouettes Add Veteran Running Back Jeremiah Johnson to the Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Argos Bring Back Int OL Campbell & Int QB Prukop - Toronto Argonauts
- Linebacker Maleki Harris Signed by Leos - B.C. Lions
- Commissioner Randy Ambrosie Once Again Hitting the Road to Visit Each CFL Market - CFL
- Riders Sign Defensive Lineman A.C. Leonard - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Sign Caleb Holley - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Newly Acquired All-Star Defensive End Willie Jefferson to Sign Autographs Saturday at Bomber Store on Saturday - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- All-Star Defensive Back Murray Signs with Tiger-Cats - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Alouettes Launch the 22nd Edition of the Together at School Program - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Argonauts Stories
- Argos OL Jamal Campbell Named a Nominee for the 2019 Jake Gaudaur Veterans' Award
- Argos Sign American OL Dontavius Blair
- Three Argos Named CFL East Division All-Stars: WR Green, WR Walker & DL Laing
- Argos Sign Canadian K Crapigna & American OL Cage to Contract Extensions
- Toronto's 2019 Team Award Winners Announced