Alouettes Launch the 22nd Edition of the Together at School Program
Montreal - The Montreal Alouettes launched the 22nd edition of the Together at School program on Thursday morning at Dorval-Jean-XXIII High School, in Dorval. Created in 1998, this community program promotes school perseverance by supporting high school students and motivating young people across Quebec
Officials from the Alouettes, Dorval Jean-XXIII high school, Marguerite-Bourgeoys school board, City of Montreal, and Montreal Hooked on School Days were onsite. Montreal Alouettes players Martin Bédard, Jean-Gabriel Poulin, Stephen Adekolu, Ernest Jackson Luc Brodeur-Jourdain, Jean-Samuel Blanc, Khadim Mbaye, Na'Ty Rodgers, as well as some cheerleaders and mascot Touché also participated to the event.
The program's main goal is to encourage kids to make good decisions and stay in school, while focusing on a wide range of challenges that are part of their reality; from academic performance to pressure and consistency, to the importance of staying active.
In partnership with 12 school boards in Québec, the Alouettes will reach out to a large number of high school students from different regions. This year, they will visit 75 schools until April, reaching more than 15,000 students.
"It is with great pride that we pursue our mission to motivate students to stay in school," said Patrick Boivin, President and CEO of the Alouettes. We are extremely proud of our players involved in this program who have had a positive impact on tens of thousands of students in more than 2,000 visits since 1998. Our goal is for young people to stay in school so they can in turn have a positive influence on others."
Players taking part in the program must first undergo a specific training from specialists in the field of mentoring and counseling in order to be best equipped to help the students.
The Alouettes will host this program in various regions of Quebec as the 2019 Together at School Tour with the Alouettes will make stops in Alma, Chicoutimi, Québec, Longueuil, as well as the greater Montreal area.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 14, 2019
- Argos Add Two-Time CFL All-Star WR Derel Walker - Toronto Argonauts
- Eskimos Sign Anthony Parker - Edmonton Eskimos
- Riders Sign Quarterback Cody Fajardo - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Alouettes Add Receiver Chris Brown to the Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- RedBlacks Sign Kevin Francis - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Stephen Adekolu, Back for a Third Season with the Alouettes - Montreal Alouettes
- Courtney Stephen Joins Stampeders - Calgary Stampeders
- Alouettes Add Veteran Running Back Jeremiah Johnson to the Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Argos Bring Back Int OL Campbell & Int QB Prukop - Toronto Argonauts
- Linebacker Maleki Harris Signed by Leos - B.C. Lions
- Commissioner Randy Ambrosie Once Again Hitting the Road to Visit Each CFL Market - CFL
- Riders Sign Defensive Lineman A.C. Leonard - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Sign Caleb Holley - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Newly Acquired All-Star Defensive End Willie Jefferson to Sign Autographs Saturday at Bomber Store on Saturday - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- All-Star Defensive Back Murray Signs with Tiger-Cats - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Alouettes Launch the 22nd Edition of the Together at School Program - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.