Another Big Sign for Coach Cumbie
2008 defensive player of the year for the IFL Edwin James "OCHO" has resigned with the Stampede Express for the 2009 season. James lead the IFL in tackles with an impressive 110 total tackles.
This will be James's 3rd season with the Stampede Express. James every year has been an important part of the team's defensive strategy as well as a strong part of the team's leadership.
In addition to leading the IFL in defense in 2008, James and teammate Jason Snell made an impression in the YMCA youth program as they where coaches for one of the teams. James's team made the Championship game of the YMCA bowl. James took his professional experience on the field to help develop the youth football program right here in San Angelo.
The Stampede Express will begin their 6th season, with the first home game being April 4th versus the Colorado Ice at 7:05 at the San Angelo Coliseum. Stampede Express Football, half the field twice the excitement... THE GAME is on!
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from February 25, 2009
- Bandits Announce Final Player Signings for 2009 and Special Events - Sioux City Bandits
- Another Big Sign for Coach Cumbie - San Angelo Stampede Express
- Beef Sign OJ Simpson and Spetlar Tonga - Omaha Beef
- Two More Signings Bolster Wild Roster - Wichita Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Angelo Stampede Express Stories
- Local Farmer Joins Team
- Stampede Express Hosting First Round of the Playoffs
- Stampede Express Receive Proclamation
- Indoor Football League Week 10 Vidswap.Com Players Of The Week
- Veteran Quarterback Takes the Snaps