Andrew Kew Signs One-Year Deal with New England
UNCASVILLE, CT. - The New England Black Wolves announced today the signing of Andrew Kew, the 3rd overall draft pick of the 2019 NLL Draft. The highest pick for New England since 2011, Kew adds an offensive weapon to the Black Wolves' left side.
Most recently, Kew scored the game winning goal of the Major League Lacrosse Championship for the Chesapeake Bayhawks. The Bayhawks earned their first title since 2013 after their 10-9 victory over the Denver Outlaws. Kew teamed up with future Black Wolves' teammate, Colton Watkinson on the championship team.
The 6-3 forward was named to the All-Sunshine State Conference Player of the Year and earned All American USILA First Team selection.
A native of Oakville, Ontario Kew amassed 259 goals and 75 assists at Tampa. He also recorded 91 ground balls and 24 caused turnovers. For four consecutive years, Kew led the team in goals scored.
This past May, Kew played for the Oakville Rock of the Major Series Lacrosse League. In his rookie campaign, he ranked first on the team in goals (29) and tied for first in assists (28).
"This off season we identified to add to our offense and with the signing of Andrew, he is a huge piece to that," general manager Rich Lisk said. "He not only possesses a skill of putting the ball in the net, but he is physical, a great athlete and has an extremely high lacrosse IQ. In my opinion he has the package to keep developing into an elite offensive player in this league for many years. I am excited to get Andrew on the floor and even more excited for the fans of New England to get to know him."
Tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now and start at $19 per game. The Black Wolves home opener is set for Friday, Dec. 27 vs. the New York Riptide at 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by visiting blackwolves.com or calling 844-LAX-WOLF.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from October 8, 2019
- Andrew Kew Signs One-Year Deal with New England - New England Black Wolves
- 2019-20 Colorado Mammoth Game Themes Announced - Colorado Mammoth
- Roughnecks Sign General Manager Mike Board to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Calgary Roughnecks
- Knighthawks Announce Time Change for February 9 Home Game against Vancouver - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Black Wolves Stories
- New England Acquires Jacob Ruest and the 24th Overall Pick in Trade with Colorado Mammoth
- Buque Is Back with the Black Wolves
- Ryan Conrad Acquired in Trade with Toronto
- Black Wolves Lacrosse Leadership Returns
- Black Wolves Welcome Brad Smith to New England