American Association Game Recaps
July 20, 2018 - American Association (AA) News Release
Cleburne 3, Wichita 2 - Box Score
The Cleburne Railroaders slid past the Wichita Wingnuts 3-2 despite being outhit 10-7 on the night.
The offenses got rolling in the fifth inning when SS Angel Rosa scored the first run of the day on a wild pitch. In the bottom of the inning, 2B Logan Watkins (2-for-5) hit a lead-off triple and then scored when CF Zach Nehrir (2-for-5) singled in the next at-bat.
The Railroaders edged in the front in the seventh when LF Trever Sealey (2-for-5) scored as 2B Alex Polston was retired. In the next inning, 1B/3B Patrick Palmeiro (2-for-4) scored as CF KC Huth bounced out, providing a crucial insurance run.
In the bottom of the eighth, RF Hunter Clanin added an RBI double but that would be the final run of the game.
Sioux Falls 10, Winnipeg 8 - Box Score
The Sioux Falls Canaries overcame a 7-4 deficit to take a 10-8 win against the Winnipeg Goldeyes.
The Canaries led early with three runs in the first but the Goldeyes bounced back with a six-run third. Both SS Matt McCann and 1B Josh McAdams (2-for-5) had two-RBI doubles in the rally and McCann scored on a sac fly from 2B Tucker Nathans. LF Jordan Ebert also scored on a wild pitch in the frame.
Ebert scored again the fourth before the Canaries began their comeback attempt. In the bottom of the fourth, 3B/C Patrick Fiala hit a lead-off home run to pull Sioux Falls back two runs. In the sixth, C Maxx Garrett (2-for-3) and DH Jabari Henry (2-for-4) each hit two-run home runs to take back the lead for the Canaries.
McAdams homered for the Goldeyes in the ninth but Winnipeg wouldn't get any closer than two runs.
Sioux City 5, St. Paul 2 - Box Score
The Sioux City Explorers used a big fifth inning to push past the St. Paul Saints 5-2.
The Saints found the scoreboard first on Thursday night as SS Anthony Phillips (2-for-3) singled home 2B Zach Walters (2-for-4) but the Explorers took control of the evening in the fifth. C Dylan Kelly tied the game for Sioux City when he scored on a single from 3B Daniel Jackson. After LF Luis Durango drew a walk to loaded up the bases, RF Michael Lang also earned a base on balls to push across another run.
In the next at-bat, CF Jay Austin (2-for-4) singled home Durango and DH David Kerian before Lang was tagged out at the plate to end the inning.
The Saints scored their only other run in the top of the eighth when 1B Nathaniel Maggio drew a walk with the bases loaded.
Gary SouthShore at Fargo-Moorhead - Postponed (Weather)
The game between the Gary SouthShore RailCats and the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks was postponed due to wet field conditions and the prospect of more rain. The game will be made up as a part of a doubleheader on Thursday, Aug 23 when the RedHawks travel to Gary.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 20, 2018
- Four-Run First Propels Wichita to Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Railroaders Strand 13 in Loss to Wingnuts - Cleburne Railroaders
- RedHawks Win Pitchers Duel over Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Series Opener vs. St. Paul Suspended - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints and RailCats Suspended in Second Inning Due to Rain, Continue Saturday Evening - St. Paul Saints
- Kuzminsky Returns to Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Deck the Halls for July 25-29 Homestand - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Sign Lefty Pitcher Adam Bleday - Kansas City T-Bones
- T-Bones Return Home for An Extended Stay - Kansas City T-Bones
- Goldeyes Edged by Canaries in Series Finale - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Railroaders Squeeze Past Wingnuts in Opener - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Railroaders Sacrifice Way to Win over Wingnuts - Cleburne Railroaders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.