Alejandro De Aza Named Atlantic League Co-Player of Month
(Central Islip, N.Y.) - The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (ALPB) today announced that Long Island Ducks outfielder Alejandro De Aza has been named the league's Co-Player of the Month for July. He shares the honor with Gastonia Honey Hunters outfielder Zach Jarrett and Lancaster Barnstormers infielder Melvin Mercedes, while Southern Maryland's Eddie Butler was named the league's Pitcher of the Month.
De Aza played in 28 games during the month of July. He led the entire Atlantic League with a .394 batting average while tying for the league lead with 43 hits and 14 doubles. Thanks to his performance, the 10-year Major League veteran moved into the league lead in batting average at .352 through the end of July. De Aza also ranked second in the league with 69 total bases during the month, trailing only Lexington's Courtney Hawkins. He finished the month with a .455 on-base percentage, a 1.088 OPS, four home runs, 19 RBIs, 20 runs, 10 walks and six stolen bases.
In addition to currently leading the league in batting (.351), the 38-year-old also ranks at the top in on-base percentage (.461). He is fifth in OPS (.994), tied for sixth in doubles (23) and ninth in slugging percentage (.533). De Aza hit safely in 23 of the 28 games he played during July, recording 12 multi-hit contests, while reaching base safely in 26 games during the month.
The Long Island Ducks are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, a Professional Partner League of Major League Baseball. Over 8 million fans have enjoyed the Ducks brand of affordable, fun entertainment at Fairfield Properties Ballpark since inception in 2000. For further information, visit LIDucks.com or call 631-940-DUCK (3825).
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from August 5, 2022
- Revs-Dirty Birds Postponed - York Revolution
- Friday's (August 5) Game at Southern Maryland Postponed - Long Island Ducks
- Rockers Split Double-Header with Gastonia - High Point Rockers
- Alejandro De Aza Named Atlantic League Co-Player of Month - Long Island Ducks
- The Atlantic League Names July Players and Pitcher of the Month - AtL
- Revs' Streak Continues in Wrong Direction - York Revolution
- Ferryhawks Defeat Ducks to Avoid Midweek Sereis Sweep - Long Island Ducks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.