Albany's Hayworth Hicks Named Offensive Lineman of the Year
July 18, 2018 - Arena Football League (AFL) News Release
LAS VEGAS - The Arena Football League has announced that Albany Empire offensive lineman Hayworth Hicks has been named 2018 AFL Offensive Lineman of the Year.
Hicks (6'3, 330, Iowa State) started all 12 games for the Empire in 2018 and was a key member of the offensive line that allowed a League-low four sacks in 341 passing attempts (1.2%). Behind that line, the Empire led the League in scoring offense (53.8 points per game) and passing touchdowns (81).
AFL OFFENSIVE LINEMAN
OF THE YEAR
YEAR PLAYER TEAM
2018 Hayworth Hicks Albany
2017 Wayne Tribue Philadelphia
2016 Jordan Mudge Arizona
2015 Shannon Breen Philadelphia
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from July 18, 2018
- Nelson and Obi Named AFL's Players of the Week - Washington Valor
- AFL Names AFL Playoffs Game 1 Players of the Week - AFL
- Albany's Joe Sykes Named Defensive Lineman of the Year - AFL
- Albany's Hayworth Hicks Named Offensive Lineman of the Year - AFL
- Valor Today - Washington Valor
- Brigade Today - Baltimore Brigade
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.