Albany Devils and American Red Cross Aim for Successful Blood Drive
Prior to the start of the hockey season, the Albany Devils are teaming up with the American Red Cross to help save lives. The Devils are hosting a blood drive on Friday, September 7, from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Town Hall at 5209 Western Avenue in Guilderland.
Although an emergency appeal for donors in early summer temporarily stopped a decline in donations, blood donations through the Red Cross hit a 15-year low earlier this summer. Thousands of blood donations are needed each and every day to help treat accident victims, cancer patients, children with blood disorders and others. These patients rely on lifesaving blood products during their treatment. Those whose lives may be touched by your generosity will be forever grateful.
Donors of all blood types are needed at this time. One donation can help save up to three lives and it only takes about an hour of time. All presenting donors at this blood drive will receive coupon for 15% off any item in the Albany Devils online store and a voucher for two great offers from Monro Muffler. There will be raffles throughout the day and the Albany Devils mascot, Devil Dawg, will be available for pictures. Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment in advance by calling 1- 800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or by visiting redcrossblood.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 5, 2012
- Single Game Syracuse Crunch Tickets Go on Sale Monday - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Sign Goaltender Taylor Nelson - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Sign Centre Zack Smith to Four-Year Contract Extension - Binghamton Senators
- Ice Hockey Tasmania & Gary Graham on Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Bulldogs to Open Training Camp on September 28th - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Syracuse Crunch Promote Todd Cross to Senior Director of Ticket Sales - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Sign Courtnall to AHL Contract - Providence Bruins
- Brantford to Host AHL's "Battle of Ontario" - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hogs Join Lou Bachrodt in Fundraiser for Operation Homefront - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Announce Winners of Season Ticket Holder Championship Ring Promotion - Norfolk Admirals
- Albany Devils and American Red Cross Aim for Successful Blood Drive - Albany Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.