Worcester Sharks Sign Goaltender Taylor Nelson
WORCESTER - Worcester Sharks General Manager Wayne Thomas has announced the signing of goaltender Taylor Nelson to an AHL contract for the 2012-13 season. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Nelson, 23, turns pro after four seasons at Ferris State University where he compiled a career 35-20-10 record. Last season, Taylor led the Ferris State Bulldogs to their first ever Frozen Four appearance and the program's second Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA) regular season championship with a terrific senior season campaign posting a 21-7-3 record with a 2.10 goals against average and a .924 save percentage.
The 6-foot-1 180lb goaltender from Regina, Saskatchewan ranks 5th all-time in wins (35) and 1st all-time in career goals against average (.917) in Bulldogs history. In addition, Taylor claimed 2011-12 CCM Hockey All-America First Team accolades and was named the Dean Davenport "Bulldog Of The Year" recipient as the school's outstanding male student -athlete.
Nelson will report to Worcester Sharks training camp in late September.
The first time to see your 2012-13 Worcester Sharks will be Thursday, October 4 at 7pm as the Sharks host the CT Whale at the Hart Center at Holy Cross! Ticket information to be posted on SharksAHL.com!
2012-13 Flex ticket packages are on sale now! Score your 40 or 10 ticket flex package by contacting the Sharks front office at 508-929-0500. You decide how many tickets and how many games YOU want to attend while saving $$$ off box office pricing! It is that EASY!
Bring a group to sing the national anthem, book a fundraising event, host a birthday party, or have a blast in the high fin tunnel.... secure your personalized Sharks experience today!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 5, 2012
- Single Game Syracuse Crunch Tickets Go on Sale Monday - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Sign Goaltender Taylor Nelson - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Sign Centre Zack Smith to Four-Year Contract Extension - Binghamton Senators
- Ice Hockey Tasmania & Gary Graham on Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Bulldogs to Open Training Camp on September 28th - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Syracuse Crunch Promote Todd Cross to Senior Director of Ticket Sales - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Sign Courtnall to AHL Contract - Providence Bruins
- Brantford to Host AHL's "Battle of Ontario" - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hogs Join Lou Bachrodt in Fundraiser for Operation Homefront - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Announce Winners of Season Ticket Holder Championship Ring Promotion - Norfolk Admirals
- Albany Devils and American Red Cross Aim for Successful Blood Drive - Albany Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.