Alaska to Host Cincinnati in Preseason Series
The three-time defending Brabham Cup Champion Alaska Aces announced on Monday that they will host the Cincinnati Cyclones in a pair of pre-season, exhibition games at Sullivan Arena in October. The two-game series will feature Alaska's only pre-season games, and will mark the first time since the 2011 Kelly Cup Finals that an Eastern Conference team has come to Anchorage. The games will be played on Tuesday, October 8 and Wednesday, October 9 at 7:15pm AKT. The games are part of the 7th Annual Aces "Paint the Rink Pink" event, benefiting the local fight against breast cancer. Funds from the two-day event will go to Breast Cancer Focus Inc. and the American Cancer Society. Tickets for both games will go on sale in September, and charitable sponsorship packages are currently available through the Aces office at 15th & Gambell. Tickets for the games are $10 for Aces season ticket holders or groups of 10 or more, and $15 to the general public. For more information, please contact the Aces office at 907.258.ACES, or visit them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
For the seventh consecutive season, the Aces are dedicating their exhibition schedule to help in the local fight against cancer. The Aces have teamed with Breast Cancer Focus Inc. and the American Cancer Society to ensure that 100% of the funds raised during "Paint the Rink Pink" will stay local in Alaska. The themed, two-day event will feature the games played on pink ice in the Sullivan Arena, along with pink, specialty jerseys worn by the Aces that will be auctioned off to fans after Wednesday's game. Local non-profit organizations who help fight cancer will be on hand to answer questions from fans, and provide information about cancer treatment, prevention, and support. In the six prior seasons, the event held by the Aces has raised more than $400,000 in the fight against cancer.
The Aces and Cyclones make up three of the last six Kelly Cup Champions. The Cyclones won the ECHL Championship in 2008 and 2010, and the Aces won the Kelly Cup in 2011. Alaska and Cincinnati have met three times in their history, with Alaska going 1-2 in those games. This year will be the first time an Eastern Conference team comes to Alaska for pre-season since 2009 when the Kalamazoo Wings made the trip north, and split a pair of games with the Aces.
The Alaska Aces will begin their 2013-2014 season at home on Friday, October 18 at Sullivan Arena when they host the San Francisco Bulls. Season ticket and sponsorship packages are currently available through the Aces office at 15th & Gambell. For more information, please call the Aces at 907.258.ACES or visit them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 19, 2013
- Royals Thank Everyone for Attending Town Hall Meeting - Reading Royals
- NHL Preseason Game Tickets to Go On Sale Sept. 7 - Florida Everblades
- Home Opener Moved to October 19 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Alaska to Host Cincinnati in Preseason Series - Alaska Aces
- Cyclones Announce 2013 Preseason Schedule - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Vause agrees to terms with Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Summerville Native Dalton Weinstein Helps Team USA Capture Silver in 19th Maccabiah Games - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Bring In High Scoring Forward - Orlando Solar Bears
- The Eagle Has Landed...For Royals' Town Hall Meeting Tonight - Reading Royals
- Nailers Add Gritty Defenseman, Ryley Miller - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.